Dwell ignition on an F22b2.....

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Dwell ignition on an F22b2.....

Post by thething96 »

Hi, as title states, I have an F22b2 accord. Currently using eCtune, bone stock except a warm air intake. I'm currently using a p28 base cal, street tuned to good afr's. I tried using other starters cals, but it would make cold idle real jumpy(specially a p30 cal). Does an F22 and a D16 use the same dwell ignition? Do all hondas have the same setting? I know nothing of dwell ignition, so before messing with it, I better ask. Car runs real good, for a bone stock F22, just thinking if adjusting the dwell ignition settings if it would make things better. Thanks.............

thething96

Post by thething96 »

anyone????????????

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

the ignition dwell settings have to do with the coils charge time, and also with the latency of the VR sensor as RPM goes up. I wouln't change those values period. Calvin and I spent alot of time figuring out the proper values for those tables that created the most consistant Ignition timing early on in the 44-46 roms if I remember right.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Thanks. That's what I thought. Good to hear.....

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Can't seem to get this question out of my mind. I've tried goolge for some time, and there's no straight forward answer. My doubt is, let's say I have a d16z6, and for some reason , I want to start my cal using the p30 base cal. Do all honda ignition systems(b series, d series, f and h series...) share the same dwell igniton values? Or does it go by engine, year, etc.? Thanks......

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Most of them use the same coil; I am sure the oem dwell settings are adequate.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I would think, being that ignition values are mostly the same, maybe. But in the case of any f22b1/2, these engines have external coils, so it could be that coils are in fact different. It makes sense that all aplications are the same, but I'm very \"electronic inpaired\".....

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

theres no reason to mess with the dwell settings. I've done 700HP on F22 using the stock dwell values that are in the base cals. if your having an issue with ignition, its not a problem with the dwell settings.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Ok, understood. I wasn't asking because the car has igniton issues, it's a pretty solid car for what it is. I was just curious to know if there was a difference in dwell settings, maybe able to squeeze a little more hp by utilizing the appropriate dwell settings. Thanks guys.....