Can't seem to figure out tune

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

anelson
http://phpbb3styles.net

Can't seem to figure out tune

Post by anelson »

I have an obd1 gsr that is running a Precision 5031E @ 6psi, with Precision 440cc injectors, an upgraded fuel pump, and e85. The problem is that I cannot get the thing to run correctly on ectune. I set up a base calibration with USDM B18c picked, added 33% fuel across the board, then changed the FV so that it is stoich at idle (FV around 29). The car acts like it is missing when given anything more than like 25% throttle. I thought this was a hardware problem (changed plugs, checked fuel pressure, etc), until I took a stock .bin for Crome, added boost columns and 33% to fuel, and the car runs perfectly. What am I missing here? I want to use Ectune, but don't get why it is acting so different starting from scratch with both programs. I would appreciate any help, thanks!

David974

Post by David974 »

you need to tune your car adjusting the FV is just one of the first step wide band and datalloging are your friends

anelson

Post by anelson »

Well the main reason I am posting, is because I have logged multiple runs and nothing looks obviously wrong. The A/F ratio sits around 11.5 right up to the point when it falls on its face. I was guessing that this means it is likely a problem with ignition timing? I am not sure what exactly to try changing though. I assumed that since I was starting with a base map in ectune and in crome, I would end up with similar ignition maps with both. I realize that ectune is different than crome, and that I have to tune the car separately for it, but I need to get the car at least working consistently for that.

anelson

Post by anelson »

Any ideas? Like what else I could graph to figure out the problem, other than just A/Fs?

David974

Post by David974 »

post calibration and datalog

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Sounds like a simple issue, post up the cal and logs
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

anelson

Post by anelson »

Here is my cal. I don't have my logs with me, so I will post them when I get back from my work trip this weekend.
Attachments
integra_base_plus_33.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

anelson

Post by anelson »

log
Attachments
9_18_630pm_18092010_1829.elf
(375.89 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

anelson

Post by anelson »

cal associated with log