Ectune registration problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Hybrid96EK
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ectune registration problems

Post by Hybrid96EK »

I had a virus on my laptop that was a pain to remove. I wound up reinstalling Vista and thus I need to re-register my copy of ECtune. I have sent the request twice now. Both times result in an email stating my record is found and I already exist, but nothing has come of it. I need the license so I can connect to my romulator. Without it, it seems that Ectune forces itself to the Demon version, which I do not have. Am I missing something here?

David974

Post by David974 »

Ectune come in demon version but when you paste you license XML file in ectune folder it will change for Ostrish

Hybrid96EK

Post by Hybrid96EK »

David974 wrote:Ectune come in demon version but when you paste you license XML file in ectune folder it will change for Ostrish
Thats pretty much what I figured. I only have the license file I got about a year ago when I last registered. Thats my problem, I need a new license but I am getting no response upon registration.

JaredKaragen

Re: Ectune registration problems

Post by JaredKaragen »

Hybrid96EK wrote:I had a virus on my laptop that was a pain to remove. I wound up reinstalling Vista and thus I need to re-register my copy of ECtune. I have sent the request twice now. Both times result in an email stating my record is found and I already exist, but nothing has come of it. I need the license so I can connect to my romulator. Without it, it seems that Ectune forces itself to the Demon version, which I do not have. Am I missing something here?
as long as your machine and HDD are the same; go through your old emails and find the second email you got with a license (should be the most recent) and put it in the ectune folder. If you lost your license... [doh!] re-submit for a new one... as soon as Calvin gets back from his day job he will resend the license. you should be in ostrich/pro mode now. if you machineID changed; your going to get a MSGID M00XH, in which case you need to delete license.xml, and open it in PRI-deamon mode and re-register. Curious; what Virus? I recently got slammed by a nasty bootsector virus that won't allow itself to be removed.... and am still fighting with the HDD to boot an OS.... at-least it tries to boot now.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock