Anyone else having issues with eCtune today?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

J. Mills
http://phpbb3styles.net

Anyone else having issues with eCtune today?

Post by J. Mills »

Just wondering if i am the only one experiencing this issue today. First off when creating a basemap it didn't give me the option of which baserom to select. Then once i got to the end of setting up my basemap i got a message stating that \"a unhandeled exception has occurred\" I tried updating my version and now i just get the following message when trying to make a new basemap. Image I have contacted Calvin through email with no response. Ive sent two customers home this morning :(. Im unsure if its just my laptop or an issue with eCtune. However i just had a track event Saturday and i had no issues with eCtune whatsoever.
J. Mills Tuning authorized eCtune tuner (919)896-2532

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

This is for the tuner version by the way. A quick uninstall and reinstall did not fix the issue. Any other tuners having this same issue? Im still awaiting calvins reply....

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Wild speculation your close to your year mark for buying eCtune... which means re-register.. but I could be wrong.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Just did that not that long ago. Calvins not being much help this go around. Its understandable that he is busy, but on the other hand i do have customers to deal with. It sucks having to explain stuff like this to them On the other hand i have tried everything i know to on my end. Uninstalled and reinstalled, redownloaded the latest rar file. No matter what i can not create a new basemap. Maybe the issue is my end.. or an issue with my computer. I just don't see how though. I need it fixed before the morning badly Image

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

If i hit next and try to finish making my basemap, i get this message at the end Image

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

Do you have the directory \"Basemap\" in PRogram Files\\eCtune ? Is it full of file ?
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Going to check now

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

I have \"base roms\" however that folder is empty Image

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

BaseROMS should not be empty. In that folder should be your base ROMS.... About Calvin... I have a not working tuner version too... And still no response from Calvin... :(

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

CRX2 wrote:BaseROMS should not be empty. In that folder should be your base ROMS.... About Calvin... I have a not working tuner version too... And still no response from Calvin... :(
I have no clue of what happened. I tuned 2 cars with eCtune friday morning with no issues. Then i went to a track event this past saturday and everything seemed fine with the program. I come into work monday morning to find this issue.

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

When you download eCtune again? Then you should have the baseroms again...

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

CRX2 wrote:When you download eCtune again? Then you should have the baseroms again...
Ive tried that twice now. The uninstalls/reinstalls don't help one bit

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Its fixed. Thanks CRX2 your comments helped

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Well now there is another issue. Im having issues with some (maybe all) of my previous tunes. I was messing with a customers car before closing today. The tune was pretty much complete. It ran fine before i touched it. Now it runs like complete shit. Due to closing i cut that issue short not thinking much about it. Now i just hooked to our shop race car and the same problem. So on the shop car i decided to try uploading one of the previous calibration files to it. One of the calibrations the fuel pump never turns off when turning the key on, and the other calibration runs like complete shit. It wont idle without keeping your foot on the gas. I tried swapping my demon for an ostrich thinking it may be the issue. Then i tried another ostrich and ecu thinking it may solve the issue. Nothing helps. This shit is starting to get to me. Im really not looking forward to doing another complete tune on the race car again. Not to mention a customers car. For all Calvin knows my last issue wasn't resolved and i have yet to hear back from him.

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Any tuners have the latest rar file they could send my way? My email has been emptied out since Calvin sent it, and with me uninstalling/deleting, and reinstalling everything i have lost it. email: [email protected] It would be much appreciated. Ive asked Calvin for it numerous times