Fuel cut doesn't seem to work consistantly....

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Hybrid96EK
http://phpbb3styles.net

Fuel cut doesn't seem to work consistantly....

Post by Hybrid96EK »

Seems my fuel cut just isn't working as planned here. Sometimes its working flawlessly, other times I will notice the light lit up on the display in Ectune indicating its active, but the wideband is still logging richer then normal conditions and the car is \"bucking\" as if its going in and out of fuel cut. I have tried messing with the activation point and all, but nothing is working. It was working flawlessly a few versions ago but I wanted to see if I could iron things out on my own. Any ideas here? am I missing something? is this a known issue? I don't see anything in the forums about people having issues, so I am assuming its something I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Civic VTI-Turbo

Post by Civic VTI-Turbo »

Fuel cut settings Below TPS: 1% Below load: +- 230~250 mbar Above minimum rpm 2000 fuelcut restore: 1300 fuelcut delay: 600
van Drie Tuning eCtune authorized tuner the Netherlands

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Also, if you're adjusting decel with the a/c on, your mbar values are going to be a lot higher. I had the same issue, when a/c was off, i would be at aroud 180-200 mbar while decel, with a/c on, I was at around 260-270 mbar during decel.....

Hybrid96EK

Post by Hybrid96EK »

thething96 wrote:Also, if you're adjusting decel with the a/c on, your mbar values are going to be a lot higher. I had the same issue, when a/c was off, i would be at aroud 180-200 mbar while decel, with a/c on, I was at around 260-270 mbar during decel.....
No. A/C has been removed from the car and the switch is not on.

Wazzzup

Post by Wazzzup »

Same probs with my B18 and a friend of my with his B16. 1 year ago I didn't had this problem with my H22. Maybe a change in eCtune???
EG H22A 1/4 mile 13.6 sec @ Drachten with eCtune

Hybrid96EK

Post by Hybrid96EK »

Yeah thats what I was thinking... Everything was working fine.. now its hit and miss. No matter what I do with the settings... sometimes it comes on, other times it doesn't. Idle has changed some too. Every once in a while it goes REAL rich in idle and then comes up to 1,500rpms or so. This is when the car isn't moving, just idle... I think I might try making a new map and transferring my values over manually.... perhaps something in the code got messed up in the update process?

nce

Post by nce »

i have had the same problem, out of nowhere fuelcut either wont come on at all or kicks on and off.other times it will work flawless. i never had this problem before it has always work like its supposed to.and also at idle it will get really rich sometimes then the next stop light will idle fine. i have changed nothing with the tune and i have never had any of these issues before.if anyone knows what the problem may be im open for suggestions. the only thing i have done to the car was hooked it to the laptop for a log to check on things after a couple months then these problems popped up

Hybrid96EK

Post by Hybrid96EK »

Making a new CAL has been shown to correct strange issues from time to time. I think it has to do with some of the updates not correctly posting to existing cals.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

check your TPS range. Log it and be sure your not getting any glitches. Nothing has been changed in eCtune basically since last year about this time..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Hybrid96EK

Post by Hybrid96EK »

I've noticed not a lot of new updates. Is Calvin sort of \"winding down\" with the whole project now?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

if it goes on/off it's due to settings. I now i changed a lot of fuelcut setting to overcome this with other mapsensor ect ect
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.