Launch control & full throttle shift issues

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Launch control & full throttle shift issues

Post by TopMountGSR »

I've used both these features on my personal cars and customer cars for quite some time, but recently, we have been having issues only on cars that use both of these features at the same time. They seem to be causing problems with each other. From a stand still, Our launch control stops working as soon as you hit the clutch and it goes strait to the full throttle shift set rpm. Not just happening on one car, all of them. We are having to setup the fts to a very high rpm set point so we can launch these cars at the track. These features are not working together as they used too. Anyone else having these issues? We do not have problems with launch control if the customer is not using full throttle shift (isn't wired in or enabled). Thanks for your time, Dk
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I had a similar issue yesterday. I'm using a single user license. In my case, the car would use launch control as a rev limiter. If I had the rev limiter set at 7000, and launch control at 6000, it would rev cut at 6000 in any gear. Not sure if it was related to full throttle shifting, I didn't test it. I had to redo a new cal, and problem solved.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

I found sometimes that makin a fresh CAL fixes unexplainable things after updates.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

weird, I have a car right now that is using both with no issues.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

You guys could be on to something, I haven't created a new cal in a long time. Ill give that a shot.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I myself don't believe the 'upload calibration' button exists; instead I ritually push 'upload base ROM and calibration' when I first connect eCtune back in my car. Hope it helps everyone ;). USB2.0 is fast enough it's not a hinderance in doing so.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

What inputs are you using? And what inputs is Bugermass using?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

I think that I have the same problem and I am using both features togeher. It hits cut at fts rpm point and I thought that my clutch pedal switch is bad but when I checked it was ok.

leed

Post by leed »

JaredKaragen wrote:I myself don't believe the 'upload calibration' button exists; instead I ritually push 'upload base ROM and calibration' when I first connect eCtune back in my car. Hope it helps everyone ;). USB2.0 is fast enough it's not a hinderance in doing so.
This ^^

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I'll post a cal tommorrow if I remember while I'm at the shop..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262