License problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Almighty-Si »

For anyone to say that he shouldn't be upset or that he is blowing things out of proportion is ridiculous. It's a commercial product. He paid money to buy said product to use at his discretion and he can't because of an issue that has nothing to do with him but of the author trying to protect his intellectual property. I don't for a second blame Calvin for trying to protect himself but when he came up with what he did to protect his software, I'm sure he knew what it would take to keep up with it and he's just not doing it. If you want to make excuses or rationalize things and that works for you, that's great, but it doesn't make it right.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Nobody said it was right; but did you see me throwing a hussy fit when I waited for a very extended period? No, he was in the jungle then hospital with a potentially fatil illness. Just suck it up, it happens. Has this been an ongoing problem? No. Shit happens, people just get double crazy because 'it shouldn't have happened to me'. End of Story.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

JaredKaragen wrote:Nobody said it was right; but did you see me throwing a hussy fit when I waited for a very extended period? No, he was in the jungle then hospital with a potentially fatil illness. Just suck it up, it happens. Has this been an ongoing problem? No.
No I didn't see you throw a fit when it happened to you but, if you did and someone said to suck it up or told you that you were wrong for being upset, I would have made the same post I had made above in your thread. As for ongoing problem, when I had the Ostrich I remember plenty instances of monthly updates being a day or 3 late. So ongoing problem, I would have to say yes.

mik

Post by mik »

JaredKaragen, no you're throwing your hissy fit at people who are having problems instead. Obviously its more than one or two people having issues right now. As far as the software dying; If you can't get your license renewed, its already dead. He finally got back to me two days ago and said he would send out my license \"tomorrow\". That would have been yesterday. It's now 6:50pm two days later. So even when you do get ahold of him there's no guarantee you're going to get it...

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Both parties are right. It is a commercial product, and by those means it should be treated as one. Licensing issuer are a headache, and bothersome. BUT the forum is not mandatory at all, everyone that helps out does it out of their own good will. We could discuss this for a long time, at the end nobody wins. I'm sure that Calvin seeing this topic is going to realize some issues, and at the same time, understand that we are all human, we don't have 5 arms or all the time in the world. Last but not least, something I learned over the years, is \"DON'T BURN YOUR BRIDGES\"!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL FOLKS.........

mik

Post by mik »

This is NOT the first round of licensing issues and I wasn't looking to be an asshole -- but obviously that was the only way to get some attention about the issue. An automated email would have been better than NO REPLY AT ALL, until after I got angry. Yes we are all human but for a commercial product there are limits. 2 weeks 3 license requests 4 emails (doesn't include back and forth to ones he actually replied) Finally got mine. I think that's all that needs to be said.

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

took me about 3 weeks as well maybe a bit more but all works now and im scared to touch it even afraid of it breaking haha sent the demon license first then a day later ostrich all is well so pumped to have this software back!

mik

Post by mik »

speedjunky01 wrote:took me about 3 weeks as well maybe a bit more but all works now and im scared to touch it even afraid of it breaking haha sent the demon license first then a day later ostrich all is well so pumped to have this software back!
No kidding. Just went to use it and msgID-004h again... so now it needs yet another. I have no idea what even broke it this time. I didn't reinstall windows. Hell I didn't even change antivirus programs or anything. License request submitted again. :(

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

mik wrote:
speedjunky01 wrote:took me about 3 weeks as well maybe a bit more but all works now and im scared to touch it even afraid of it breaking haha sent the demon license first then a day later ostrich all is well so pumped to have this software back!
No kidding. Just went to use it and msgID-004h again... so now it needs yet another. I have no idea what even broke it this time. I didn't reinstall windows. Hell I didn't even change antivirus programs or anything. License request submitted again. :(
Strange.... After Calvin himself I am the oldest eCtune user. So I have gone through something like 150 updates. I can count the times it went wrong on 1 hand. And all were caused by a known error. What are you guys doing with your laptops? I often wonder how a garbage can some laptops can be.. Maybe thats the reason?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

mik

Post by mik »

Last time it was a hard drive replacement and windows reinstall. This time I have no idea -- unless turning off windows native disk compression did it. I had been using it because I temporarily needed a little extra swap space on my HDD. That's the only thing that's changed on my system. Prior to now I just used to change machines frequently. Calvin still hasn't activated my new request... I'm guessing he ignores them unless emailed separately about it? I guess potentially anyone who downloads the version from the main page could "request" a license.
Gaskleppie wrote:
mik wrote:
Strange.... After Calvin himself I am the oldest eCtune user. So I have gone through something like 150 updates. I can count the times it went wrong on 1 hand. And all were caused by a known error. What are you guys doing with your laptops? I often wonder how a garbage can some laptops can be.. Maybe thats the reason?

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

This process just needs to be automated. I dont think it would be very difficult. Or at least have someone like xenocron be able to handle it when Calvin is N/A

r_honda

Post by r_honda »

still waiting on support for both my licenses its been over a month and nothing my car sits built and untuned havnt used ectune since the summer looks like ill be waiting till next summer to use it again ?
bB Customs

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Hes on facebook all the time playing stupid games so I dont see what the issue is...

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

i was wondering the same thing!