License problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

License problems

Post by calvin »

dear all, People awaiting a license. I was out for 2 weeks. I'm back now. People awaiting a license. Please send mail to [email protected] subject license Put in the email: name address if your registered before from who you bought ectune. email address on old license(renewal) thanks. All license will be out by tonight. Normally when i see a request. I search for the name/email in the db if it doesn't show up. I check my web store.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Glad to have you back bro..
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

mik

Post by mik »

So did anyone else NOT get a reply from Calvin? I had two license requests and an email in from last week and earlier in the week... I didn't think there was need to send yet another.

r_honda

Post by r_honda »

these licensing issues suck. you cant leave your car for a few months then come back to do some tunning because when you do your license needs to be renewed and it takes forever emailing back and forth to do it. why do these licenses expire?? why is it that i cant just have a license for my computer and ostrich and be able to use it whenever. also i should be able to add another ostrich to my ectune if i purchased another license. in my opinion i think the ostriches should be the only things licenesed. here i am trying to move my ectune to my new laptop and having a hell of a time doing so, emailing back and forth and getting no where. i used to recommend ectune and now im losing faith in it
bB Customs

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

so its saturday night here is what my inbox looks like... Image

mik

Post by mik »

I hear you there. I had to pick up a beater so I have something else to drive until this shit is resolved.

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

mik wrote:I hear you there. I had to pick up a beater so I have something else to drive until this shit is resolved.
this is just ridiculous now

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

No offense; but it seems a little out of purportion for what you are saying. First this is for offense use only (as stated), and second if you have to buy a car to use in the mean time.... Seems a bit far fetched compared to resetting the emulator (devendorize) and throw a Crome map on it... Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain, I have been there myself waiting more than a month; and it was well worth it.... But it can happen with any competitor, and most of the time it can be seen that the same person that is complaining has exceeded his instant the elevated tech support time period(one year if memory serves), and as possibly is on system license #4 or more, going above and beyond what Calvin originally allowed. If you would have used a demon, you only need one serial for a lifetime. Your choice to go ostrich. If you bring up Neptune, look how much he is concerned about piracy compared to Calvin (via countermeasures in the software). He worked hard and long to make ectune what it is. I defend nobody, and can only be a 3rd party stating fact and perspective. If you want this paragraph broken down do it yourself.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

Right well still acrock but I love the software and I had it before demon was even out so wasn't an option at all for me. And that's saying \"well if you spen another 230 on top of your already spent 199 for ectune you wouldn't have this issue\" I already had an ostrich and wanted an upgrade to great software And risking a tuned built motor with an untuned crome map? Your points are weak and null at best sir

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

speedjunky01 wrote:Right well still acrock but I love the software and I had it before demon was even out so wasn't an option at all for me. And that's saying "well if you spen another 230 on top of your already spent 199 for ectune you wouldn't have this issue" I already had an ostrich and wanted an upgrade to great software And risking a tuned built motor with an untuned crome map? Your points are weak and null at best sir
Ok, now Ill stoke your fire because it really sounds like you are hell bent on complaining. notice you said untuned. If you are retarded enough to drive it untuned you should pour sugar in your gas tank now. Of-course tune it silly, it doesn't take an arm and a leg to get it drivable. Remember; hate fuzzes out the ability to act/think rationally and logically. As seen above in that exact statement. weak and null? not really... the logistics of using another software to get you along is totally far from NULL and a completely sound idea/concept; tis what I do when there was an issue like my tablet dying on me... my hardware failures shouldn't be his problem. It is unbelievably simple to basemap and tune out a CROME map so that is it drivable in or out of boost. with or without injectors, blah blah blah. I know it seems like a crock, I have been there , but in the original purchase agreement (on package description on the site) you get 3 months support... meaning he is at your beckon and call. Licensing comes up every year... same time as the last... I myself prepare for it. That is automatically considered downtime for me because I know for a fact that ectune will cease to function until I get my license (which the time before last it came before the expiration automatically). It is on my calendar. What is weak is thinking of the logic behind this: Does it really make sense to "buy a car" because you are using a product on-road that isn't supposed to be used on-road? How can he honestly be held accountable for the type of anger that is directed as a direct result of this rule breaking? Especially when there are free alternatives that will and do work? I know your angry, but this seems.. blown out of proportion. Normally when I see license complaints, it is one or two people... now and then... and they manage to feed each others fire across multiple threads.... it gets old. Most of the time its due to an email change, spam filter, incorrect information entered in the registration pane, etc. To be frank; Licensing isn't instant, it never was advertised as being so. Sometimes the world shits on people, weather it be you or someone else, it happens. Whining to big corporations gets you what you want in most cases, rarely in smaller than incorporated businesses. This is fact just in case you did not know. Calvin plainly stated that he had some shit come up in his life that took priority over ectune. Maybe another surprise popped up. Hypothetical: What is you were he, and your whole world fell apart: you got a crazy malignant cancer and had to go right into kemo/hospital... or your close relative had a bad accident and you needed to drop your life to travel across the world to be there for them 100%. It boils down to people have to do what they have to do. I am sure that many of the long-time users will back me up on these points making very valid sense.... It makes sense to be upset; but what I speak is logically derived from the statements given. I now wonder the ratio of ectune total users, and license complaints over that year that were not user error.... I bet its a fraction of a percent. End of Line.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

Edited, will wait and see
Last edited by speedjunky01 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Everybody gets sick, tired, need some days off (Calvin in the top of the list), but at this point I think that these excuses don't match with eCtune product. eCtune isn't shareware, isn't open source project, it's paid and due the dimension of eCtune community it shouldn't be dealt as a hobby anymore. No one expects eCtune to be a one man show, for sure Calvin has someone of his trust than can give him a hand, according to what I've read he is already taking care of that. Just my 0.02, I don't even have licensing problems as I'm using a Demon.

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

civic4g wrote:Everybody gets sick, tired, need some days off (Calvin in the top of the list), but at this point I think that these excuses don't match with eCtune product. eCtune isn't shareware, isn't open source project, it's paid and due the dimension of eCtune community it shouldn't be dealt as a hobby anymore. No one expects eCtune to be a one man show, for sure Calvin has someone of his trust than can give him a hand, according to what I've read he is already taking care of that. Just my 0.02, I don't even have licensing problems as I'm using a Demon.
THANK YOU MAN! It's not crome or turbo edit or bre where people just tweak and make changes for the community and by the community where people work on it for fun it's a product that is sold to the community

mik

Post by mik »

JaredKaragen, you obviously have too much free time on your hands so you'll know what I'm talking about. Not everyone actually has that. Second, I'm still within the one year so that argument doesn't hold any water. I had an ostrich from my other car I had tuned with Crome. Lets not get into the fact that the licensing thing is the only thing that works better than the Ostrich setup. We'll talk when onboard logging is working.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

I'ma throw this out there.. And as i told others. I've been working with craig from the beginning, before you guys had heard of RTP boards one was in my car running crome, i had the first ever RTP .. I've offer my help to calvin, considering all things equal if he needed people to give out licensing and what not i offered to do whatever i could to help him out, and i dont care to get paided for it neither , i just wanna help. Everywhere i post and go i push eCtune, i help run IFO, yes, IFO the only import event in the nation right now and i help push it wherever i can. Where ever i push my tuning and my shop i push eCtune.. and believe me, proof is in the pudding, because i run it on my own car that i build with my own hands.. and it fucken strolls the comp.. Point is, be patiance, i'm sure calvin has people like bugermass and what not to help but i've told him in a pm and a email that if he needed anymore help, i'd be glad to do w/e i could to make things easier on him, i dont want to see him get pissed or headached by this project, we surely dont want it to die like crome did. Cause reguardless of what you all think, CROME set the standards for OBDI tuning, if john wouldn't have just left the project i'm pretty sure it'd be doing really well now.. none the less, there's only a few more things out there to run OBDI runing honda software and eCtune to me, is by far the best..stay focused, stop getting upset..
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM