fuel cut below tps % not working

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

non-vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

fuel cut below tps % not working

Post by non-vtec »

hey calvin can you check to see the fuel cut below TPS? i know it used to work in previous versions i remember messing with it months ago. it seems to not work at all. i can set it at 1% all the way to 5% and fuel cut will not come on.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

it will but ALL conditions must be met, not JUST tps... try setting your vaccume threshold higher.. I ususally end up with it in the 220-240 range to be completely clear of spikes in manifold pressure during decel.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

will try that out....but i remember in previous versions (cant remember which one) i was able to set it by percentage only. i found it worked better that way.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

As bugermass said all conditions must be met. If you don't hit your set mbar target then regardless of tps setting it won't fuel cut. Do a datalog while deaccelerating and see what mbar reading your getting that will tell you what value you need to set mbar fuel cut at.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I usually just cruise at med RPM and lightest throttle possible to maintain speed, then lok at my mbar, then set the mbar threshold below that by like 50 or so. Works every time.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

unless things have changed, fuel cut below tps seems to do nothing. I have seen fuel cut work while tps was not meeting the conditions I set. It would be nice to have fuel cut below a tps threshold regardless of manifold pressure. I know it would help me out.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I dunno.. I havn't had any issues with fuel cut working properly.