Ostrich 1.0 P06 stopped working, Licensing?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Dexter
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich 1.0 P06 stopped working, Licensing?

Post by Dexter »

I'm new to eCtune, my car came tuned with it running an Ostrich 1.0 and eCtune. I've been piecing the car together for a long time. One day it stopped firing. I plugged in my stock PK3 and it starts the car. (89 Prelude Si) If your license expires does the car stop running if you have it on an Ostrich?
Si. Prelude, Si.

Dexter

Post by Dexter »

I did not plug the ecu up to a computer. When I swapped the engine into another chassis I got a solid cel but the car still ran(2008). Hooked up the PK3 and it gave me code 15(igniter). Car still ran. Then one day it lost spark. I bought a new 6AL, Blaster SS coil, and igniter to no avail. Got a chance to get the PK3 from my parts car (I live in a different state than where my Lude is), plug it in, test for spark and there's plenty of it. Hook up the coil wire, car starts. On 87 octane that's been sitting in the tank for a year, testament to MSD I suppose. Anywho, why did my shit stop working all of a sudden. I'll take pics of everything(P06 and Ostrich) when I get back from the office in a bit.
Si. Prelude, Si.

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

no it wont expire like that . maby the ostrich battery died

Dexter

Post by Dexter »

I suppose so. I was under the impression that the memory on the Ostrich was like a flash drive, stayed put no matter what. So if the 3 AAA's die, your tune is gone?
Si. Prelude, Si.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Dexter wrote:I suppose so. I was under the impression that the memory on the Ostrich was like a flash drive, stayed put no matter what. So if the 3 AAA's die, your tune is gone?
Yes, but I have had the same batteries in my ostrich1 since it was first made (one of the first to jump on the bandwagon when it was a retail product)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Dexter

Post by Dexter »

True. I'm hoping it was just the batteries. The car sat for about a year and a half with no power, thru 2 pretty cold winters, only being cranked every 6 months or so. You experienced fellas think this would kill my AAA's?
Si. Prelude, Si.

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

change them or read the ostrich to see if it got erased