eCtune and cruise cotrol?????

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

eCtune and cruise cotrol?????

Post by thething96 »

As the title states. I recently started using eCtune again after a while, and last night I was on the express way. So I tried to use cruise control and no luck at all. Last week I was rocking crome, using the same car, same ecu. Car did have cruise control with crome, but for some reason eCtune doesn't allow it. I'm sure it's just a simple click away, but any help is appreciated. Thanks........

relic1

Post by relic1 »

which car? which ECU? additional inputs/outputs assigned?
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

thething96

Post by thething96 »

-1995 honda accord lx -5 speed -obd1 po6 \"matt tuned\" chipped :D -eCtune pro I don't have any of the gpo's in use. I'm using the power steering switch input for full throttle shifting, and using the service check connector for switching maps. Asides from that, car is completely stock.......

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Just rechecked the cal again, and nothing seems to be causing this that's related to the tune. It's weird. I keep on changing from eCtune to crome and cruise control works right away, and I'm using the emulator to run crome( I had crome running on a chip, but it's the same thing as far as cruise control).....

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

I thought the cruise control ran off of its own \"computer\"?

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I thought the cruise control ran off of its own \"computer\"?
Maybe, but the weird thing is that one program works and one doesn't, with or without a \"cruise control module\".....

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

ckretvix wrote:I thought the cruise control ran off of its own "computer"?
Correct; it should be a seperate cruise control module... its that way in all civics... cruise is 100% independent of the main ECU aside from sharing the VSS signal. Did you research the OEM manual for an accord to see if any cruise data lines go to the ECU? I am willing to guess that if it really is the cause; the fact that your using a different family ecu (p06) you are missing some hardware that is necessary.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Correct; it should be a seperate cruise control module... its that way in all civics... cruise is 100% independent of the main ECU aside from sharing the VSS signal. Did you research the OEM manual for an accord to see if any cruise data lines go to the ECU? I am willing to guess that if it really is the cause; the fact that your using a different family ecu (p06) you are missing some hardware that is necessary.
I would agree with this 100% if both eCtune and crome would not let cruise control work, but the thing is crome does allow cruise control to function. Again, using the same car, same ecu, same everything, if I use eCtune, cruise control would not work, and when switching to crome, cruise control works right away.......

relic1

Post by relic1 »

I searched the Accord manual for that year (and two years either way) zero interaction with the ECU. no idea why it sould be causing this... maybe eCtune is turning something off/on or removing the ECU control for something we don't know of... have you troubleshot the cruise system? you're in uncharted territory as far as I'm concerned. Time to go back to basics and step through it.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I'll check everything under the hood tonight and see if everything's okay. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Any input is welcome. Thanks guys!!!!!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Strike that... There is one wire the ecu shares with cruise, VSS. But the same vss signal is being read by the cruise control unit. My bad, small mistake ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

thething96

Post by thething96 »

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! :wink: Today I was tuning a friends car with crome using my ostrich. When I was done, I switched back to eCtune and like magic, its started working again!!!! Wtf! So I have noooooo idea what happened, I guess its one of those twilight zone nights. Thanks for all the help.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

it had nothing to do with eCtune, probably somthing intermittant that just happend when ou swtiched ECUs.. The main ecu has NOTHING to do with cruise control
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

i have had intermittent issues with my cruz on a 99 civic...i don't think it has anything to do with ectune...