Closed Loop Target AFR for Wideband Input

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

marshall.hagen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Closed Loop Target AFR for Wideband Input

Post by marshall.hagen »

Is there a way to build a full RPM/Load table for Closed Loop Target AFR when wideband closed loop is enabled? I've built a full RPM/Load table for the target AFR for the fuel table overlay, but that does not tie into the Closed Loop feedback. Right now I only see a single value ('Parameters' > 'Fuel & IGN Settings' > 'Closedloop'). This feature does exist on other platforms... Thanks, M

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

No need. Closed loops job is to maintain a certain afr, and turn off under load... It seems a little redundant, though I get your point.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

In short, I would like to tune a region of the map slightly leaner (low-load cruising), and have the ECU target a specific O2 voltage. I would still use the MAP cutoff to switch to open-loop when desired. You could argue that a well tuned open loop map with seasonally tuned compensation tables can do this. Which is true. But I don't have the time to do this, nor do think I can do it better than a target lambda table, year-round, and consistently hit the right AFR's just before lean misfire. Additionally, due to my compression and cam setup, I get my best idle with a slightly rich mixture, so a generic single O2 lambda target does not correlate well with a slightly lean cruise. If I want closed loop with eCtune, I can choose one or the other currently, and I would like the option of both. There has been a \"lean cruise\" feature \"in testing\" for a couple years now. This feature may not be for everyone, but it is certainly a viable option with the existing Honda hardware/code. Maybe this should be moved to the feature request section.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

x2 with marshall hagen. That would be a great addition to the whole eCtune package.I was trying to make this work a while ago with eCtune. Having this is a big plus!!!!!