check engine light after uploading ectune

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

check engine light after uploading ectune

Post by Spawne32 »

I have been having nothing but issues trying to get ectune to run properly on my car. It is a 95 acura integra (automatic) with a P75 ecu with a demon installed. I have a set of 420cc bosch design 2 injectors that I bought off honda tech that i have no information on other then the size. I was originally running a basemap file for crome that I had pulled from the xenocron bin database, that i made some modifications to to get the car to run properly using readings from my AFR gauge and boost gauge, it is a surprisingly smooth tune considering and the car runs pretty good, with the exception of a few areas that are rich and lean, and the lack of automatic trans controls that ectune supports. One thing i noticed when building the base calibration for ectune using the parameters from crome is that the fuel multipliers or raw fuel values are alot higher on ectune then they are in crome, by at least several hundred points, with that in mind i used the estimated duty cycle values to plot the map the same as my crome fuel tables, that being said, the car still does not run right. I wipe the demon and format it for ectune, then upload the base rom plus the calibration file, then when i key on, the check engine light is on, and then flashes 3 or 4 times. Then when i start the car its just complete disaster. I have it setup for wideband readings through the OEM narrowband wire for D14, and it shows voltage, however it does not show a number in the datalog, it stays a solid 10 something. Anyone have any ideas what the issue is here? Could this be an injector offset problem? I have tried running the preset offsets for RC440's and factory injectors, the RC440 13ohm settings for crome run perfectly, as these are 13ohm injectors from my tests on the injectors with the multimeter. I have attached both calibrations for crome and my ectune file.
Attachments
sp32_sc_1.cal
ectune setup
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
spawne32_supercharged_6_postexhaust.bin
crome file
(32 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I would hesitate to do an \"import\" or copy-paste from a different program and expect everything to line up - in all likelyhood it won't. :) In the Crome days I couldn´t even do this between P30 and P72 codebase ROMs - even though both were made in the same program. I would do the following: Make a new map within eCtune, selecting a similar basemap/engine, your MAP sensor, scaling for the injector CC´s and such. At this time, try to compare the injector duration of your Crome map (no don´t just copy paste it, and don´t compare the fuel value) and see if things are comparable @ around idle and 1000Mbar. If not, do slight corrections to the multiplier until injector duration seems similar. Crank, adjust, tune. Use the resulting map as a basis for your tuning. I suggest you make good use of the interpolation feature of the tables, eCtune allows you to easily make the lines space up evenly - which is what you want for a good consistent tune(AFR) at the various load points. The CAL file you posted clearly has some issues with lines crossing etc. so that´s one more reason to not waste too much time \"converting\" a map that needs a lot of work anyway. If you´re not sure of the AFR/logging setup, verify the actual voltage from your wideband. Some widebands (read: Innovate) have issues with the analog output and need very specific wiring to work reasonably well. Although the serial link is probably the only way to get full accuracy from an Innovate but that´s just my extremely-biased-opinion. :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

actually all motor helped me out alot last night and today and i did actually get a new basemap setup and was able to drive the car around, i recorded a datalog file around the neighborhood to get some numbers in the vacuum areas of the map before i start pushing into boost and im trying to edit the maps for this. Should i be targeting individual cells as i read them off the datalog to make adjustments to fuel? attaching all the info from today
Attachments
first run.elf
datalog
(887.27 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
testcal.cal
new calibration
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Fai72721

Re: check engine light after uploading ectune

Post by Fai72721 »

Spawne32 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm
I have been having nothing but issues trying to get ectune to run properly on my car. It is a 95 acura integra (automatic) with a P75 ecu with a demon installed. I have a set of 420cc bosch design 2 injectors that I bought off honda tech that i have no information on other then the size. I was originally running a basemap file for crome that I had pulled from the xenocron bin database, that i made some modifications to to get the car to run properly using readings from my AFR gauge and boost gauge, it is a surprisingly smooth tune considering and the car runs pretty good, with the exception of a few areas that are rich and lean, and the lack of automatic trans controls that ectune supports. One thing i noticed when building the base calibration for ectune using the parameters from crome is that the fuel multipliers or raw fuel values are alot higher on ectune then they are in crome, by at least several hundred points, with that in mind i used the estimated duty cycle values to plot the map the same as my crome fuel tables, that being said, the car still does not run right. I wipe the demon and format it for ectune, then upload the base rom plus the calibration file, then when i key on, the check engine light is on, and then flashes 3 or 4 times. Then when i start the car its just complete disaster. I have it setup for wideband readings through the OEM narrowband wire for D14, and it shows voltage, however it does not show a number in the datalog, it stays a solid 10 something. Anyone have any ideas what the issue is here? Could this be an injector offset problem? I have tried running the preset offsets for RC440's and factory injectors, the RC440 13ohm settings for crome run perfectly, as these are 13ohm injectors from my tests on the injectors with the multimeter. I have attached both calibrations for crome and my ectune file.
Fine