SOLUTION: Emulator issues when using other software(s)...

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

SOLUTION: Emulator issues when using other software(s)...

Post by JaredKaragen »

I had a problem in the past; using the ostrich reset utility and whatnot to use another vendor's software. To set things right, I did some testing and these are my results. I myself had problems, and was basically stranded over 250 miles from my house on a tuning house-call. I ended up having to tune my car on CROME to get home. Since then, I noticed odd bugs when trying to use CROME while a eCtune ostrich SerialID was present on the ostrich (not \"FF\"'s). Throughout the last two tuning jobs, I came up with this procedure and I havent had any issues at all. I also have seen an issue where you can upload to the emulator once or twice, then it gets timeout errors when trying to communicate, though I could use EMUtility to do uploads outside of CROME and keep tuning. But it would require a save, then application switch to upload. Using this exact method I was able to successfully retain my SerialID and not use the ostrich reset utility to use CROME. First things first, load eCtune. Go to Emulator info, and click the \"Reset\" button. Disconnect from emulator. Close eCtune. Open CROME. Open ROM. Activate RTP menu. Use \"Put\" Command. Successful upload. When all finished with CROME: **CLOSE RTP MENU** Close CROME. open eCtune. Open Emulator Info pane. Click \"Request Lic.\" at bottom. Success. Others please test and verify =) if all is good I suggest a sticky.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

siregcivic

Post by siregcivic »

thats how i have been doing it with no problems so far

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

When you use the \"request license\" function, I thought it dispatch'd a email requesting a license?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

TopMountGSR wrote:When you use the "request license" function, I thought it dispatch'd a email requesting a license?
semi-false. your pc does not need to be online... i believe it uses your license file to validate. very seamless feature if you make sure to disconnect and reconnect to hardware in sequence.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Just bringing this to the top to show other users thinking they need two emulators.; good idea to sticky.

Billspec

Post by Billspec »

JaredKaragen wrote:Just bringing this to the top to show other users thinking they need two emulators.; good idea to sticky.
Bro does this really work?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

i wouldnt post it otherwise. I have been tuning on CROME and using eCtune on my own car for years like this with no issues, on the same emulator. just follow the steps I posted when switching to and from ectune.