error message in windows 7 and ectune, cant open program

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

darin
http://phpbb3styles.net

error message in windows 7 and ectune, cant open program

Post by darin »

i am getting an error message when trying to open ectune it says: binary stream \"0\" does not contain a valid binary header. possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization then it goes on to say could not parse or load the settings file c:\\program files(x86)\\ectune\\settings\\settings.xml void . ctor0 at x7yxv68gj6w.gl3w5ugd916v..ctor() atknracqdmqqwo.ygnd0tpl.() what ever that means any suggestions on how i can get ectune open? this is version 0.0.2.3R17 thanks a lot. darin
10.583 @ 137.00 a6/y8 d-series 50 trim

danz

Post by danz »

Calvin??? anyone??? We need ectune to open to tune the dang car!

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I use eCtune also on Win7, it seems nice and stable. All I had to do was start it with \"Run as administrator\". That probably goes for the installer as well. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

danz

Post by danz »

weve been using ectune for months now. actually almost a year, without any issues we had the car at the track last friday, no problems. get home to compare a tune from last year to the tune we are using this year and the program will not open, and gives us the error posted above. tried to re-boot, and retry, same problem. next step is to reinstall ectune, which hopefully will not lead to FURTHER problems with licensing. we really want to avoid reinstalling anything. (i fear for the day i need to format my laptop....)

94EXSleeper

Post by 94EXSleeper »

Maybe try a \"system restore\". This happened to me after installing the Windows 7 service pack 1. Did the system restore and it started right up!
94 D16Z6 Carillo rods/75mm Vitara pistons T04E 57 Trim 550 injectors Innovate LC1 Walbro pump

danz

Post by danz »

its worth a try. the shitty part for darin is we use his wife's laptop to tune his car... so if we fuck something up, hes dead!!!

RolexTM

Post by RolexTM »

maybe your settings.xml file is really corrupted..... try to open it with a (text)editor and see if it has sane contents. you may save the settings.xml and copy one of a virgin ectune installation there to test. you may get mine here (should be virgin r17 installation)
Attachments
Settings.zip
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

danz

Post by danz »

thanks thats a great idea. we will try that and then try and reinstall if it doesnt work.

danz

Post by danz »

we deleted the corrupt settings file and ectune opened no problem. thanks for the help! the battery must have died while the program was running which corrupted the file.