Dual Walbros 1600cc injectors e85 injector duty cycle 101%??

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

92redhatch
http://phpbb3styles.net

Dual Walbros 1600cc injectors e85 injector duty cycle 101%??

Post by 92redhatch »

The setup is an 84x89mm lsvtec with a 6765 on 28psi. I'm running 1600cc injectors dual walbros and e85. Ectune says injector duty cycle is 101% and it's going lean. Now my question is why????

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

Anyone???

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Is the fuel pressure stable all the time? I had this once with 1200cc RC's and I found out the B&M FPR was going mad under boost.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Dual walboros will be good for about 500-600HP on E85.. 1600CC injectors with PLENTY of fuel pump will be good for about 600HP with a raised base pressure. How much power are you currently making and what regulator setup are you running? Also eCtunes duty calc is off, so try adding more fuel and see if it goes richer, it may or may not but its worth a shot.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

I ran into this once on race gas with a setup, did the math calc and it was pretty close, I was def running out of fuel lol. Ended up changing to a 1:1 reg and upping the base pressure. Added 20+% duty. But yours specific, I would be interested what power your making, because it may be a lot considering the snail on that jewl. Those precision turbos def make good power. I would def add fuel and see if it helps the lean condition, if not start playing with fuel pressure. I normally don't see a lean condition @ 101% Also I second the b&m fpr is junk thing, I ripped so much hair out fighting those things. Now I won't touch em till they thrown in the trash. Everytime I see them I think, well that sucks, you ruined a good stock fpr.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

I run an sx engineering fpr. I bought the dual walbro setup and injectors off a car that made 800whp on e85. So I know my walbros and injectors aren't the issue. Fuel pressure is stable. Last time I made 522whp on e85 with 28psi. I had lots of boost leaks so it didn't make the power I was shooting for (600whp). I fixed the boost leaks so it should be making more power but I have a single disc clutch so not much more power. At the track (1/8 mile) I couldn't go into 4th because It would sputter and go lean at the top of 3rd gear.