ebc over compensate due to big turbo

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

stingg
http://phpbb3styles.net

ebc over compensate due to big turbo

Post by stingg »

Hope someone can help me or face the same problem before. I'm running GT35R on a low compression B16A. I've no problem hooking the EBC up and setting the ebc to hold the wastegate until it hit the spring rate. Problem is I'm trying to set it to higher boost eg. right now spring rate is 0.7 bar and I'm setting it to 1.6 bar. From the datalog I can see that after I hit 0.7 bar the ebc activate to the base duty cycle lookout table. As my turbo is big, it is still spooling up to 1.6bar but it seems like the ebc do not know it and keep increasing the duty cycle until when the turbo is fully spooled, the boost actually spikes to 1.8+ bar, then i can see that the ebc try to reduce duty cycle to the base value. Question is if there is any setting to tell ectune that the turbo is boosting and do not add duty cycle until it hit the desired boost level only the ebc activate.

joppez

Post by joppez »

Post calibration, because i dont understand what are you trying to explain. I had to put \"normally open\" to my ebc even its normally closed (ebc is in top of wastegate) maybe i have it wired + and - wrong. But when i have it normally closed it boost more than should.