auto trans support, fault code with ectune

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

auto trans support, fault code with ectune

Post by Spawne32 »

So yes im the guy thats doing the boosted auto setup. The reason i went with ectune is because everyone told me that calvin programmed in the auto trans functions into the program. Since i started with my chipped ecu from crome (Which had no auto trans support for the lockup solenoid) and making the switch to ectune, my D4 light has always displayed a fault code. Never really payed no mind to it because i knew it was gona throw a fault code for the lockup, but with calvins ectune, it was supposed to allow the converter to lockup. However the trans continued to display a fault code, never really thought anything of it over the summer, but i finally got around to reading the code. Turns out, its not the lockup code. Its something else. Im showing code 14 \"Short or open in FAS (yellow) wire between D16 terminal and ECU\" \"Faulty ECU\", which displays the following symptom... Transmission jerks hard when shifting. As much as i enjoy the fact that the trans jerks hard when shifting and breaks the tires loose, its not right. I was wondering if this is an actual problem or if this is a fault code created by running a chipped ecu with a non stock engine tuning program?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

In order to use an auto tranny, you need an ecu with all of the auto hardware added.... Potentially the RP jumpers for auto as well. This I bet is your problem...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

my car is and has always been an auto, it has the auto ecu, and the auto trans computer, and everything associated with it

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Very strange... Hopefully someone can chime in...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

supposedly FAS is \"forced auto stop\", im not exactly sure how that works, but a buddy of mine said the TCU is probably on its way out, i reset the computer (pulled both fuses) and the code is gone, so just gotta see if it comes back or not.

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

another thing i forgot to mention, i wired in my methanol switch for secondary maps using the service check connector input, the issue with that is when i hit 5psi, and my methanol engages, and it switches to secondary maps, its also enabling the service check routine. And i also had to invert both inputs to get it to work properly, just having the wire hooked up turned it on with key on.