cannot get ostrich working

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sabes
http://phpbb3styles.net

cannot get ostrich working

Post by sabes »

Have ostrich 2.0 when I go into the moates firmware updater nothing comes up. No hardware found,no firmware version found, and no update progress at the bottom. When i go into ectune and try to connect to the ostrich through the connect button under the emulator drop down it comes up with an error message saying could not connect with demon! Well no shit lol I don't have a demon, I have an Ostrich. I'm very confused. Also when i went to register for a license it asked for organization. I do not have a clue what that is. I put three question marks, hope that doesn't mess anything up. Losing hair by the minute. I can use a computer but all this is going above and beyond what Joe average whom grew up with computers in a still very young generation can do.

relic1

Post by relic1 »

do you have the ostrich drivers installed? start here http://support.moates.net/2009/02/10/us ... oting-101/
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

sabes

Post by sabes »

i Actually think I got everything going. emulator is connected, basemap has been uploaded to ostrich. I did need the driver update. Does the ecu need to be plugged in to the car harness to connect to datalogging becasue right now I am setting everything up on a table and when I hit connect under the datalogging dropdown it says could not connect with ecu? I figure it would be logical that the ecu needs to be plugged in cause right now there is nothing going on when unconnected cause there is no voltage signal.Right?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Datalog won't connect unless ECU is plugged into the car and there is power to it.

sabes

Post by sabes »

Right on well another ectune user ready to rock. Just waiting for my wodeband gauge to come in.