ostrich license problem! \"ERROR\"

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

turbogeek
http://phpbb3styles.net

ostrich license problem! \"ERROR\"

Post by turbogeek »

I have been trying for 2 days straight to license my ostrich and when I hit \"Request Lic,\" the computer thinks for a minute and then comes back with an error message that simply says \"ERROR.\" eCtune DOES recognize the ostrich, however, fails to sucessfully request lic. Image Xenocron (where I bought eCtune) seems stumped.

turbogeek

Post by turbogeek »

A little more info. Laptop w/ Windows 7 64bit Ostrich 1.0 (early version, updated firmware) eCtune purchased through Xenocron I acquired this ostrich used many years ago, and it worked flawlessly with Crome (free). eCtune is successfully registered to the laptop, and while eCtune acknowledges the Ostrich, it will not successfully request an Ostrich license. (Non-specified error code - see picture in first post) It's like it's either not grabbing the Serial ID and other info needed, or it's getting the information it needs, but is not sending the information to the licensing db or however that exactly works, and does a time out. (Theory only) I don't receive any automated emails that I've read about or anything. So far I have tried: -Resetting the Ostrich - first with DemonOstrichReset.exe (which seems to only clear the vendor) and then with OstrichReset.exe (which wipes everything, including the Serial ID - it then generates a new Serial ID when eCtune tries, but fails, to request a lic) -Reinstalling and updating eCtune then reapplying the original .xml registration file -Putting fresh batteries in the Ostrich -Turning UAC all the way down (it appears that this turns UAC off in windows 7) -Running eCtune as Admin -Running eCtune with Compatibility Mode and Admin -Disabling windows firewall for eCtune -Adjusting latency and Baud Rates to all match. -More I can't remember in the meantime, I've been able to reset the ostrich and at least install a base tune with Crome so that my car is not completely useless. I'm running out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

When you do a full reset on your ostrich, and launch ectune, it will come up with a dialog when you connect letting you know your ostrich is not licensed... (all FF's), and when you try to request your license it should assign a new serial and contact the ecune server to request the second license. It sounds like your trying to reuse your second license... But try uninstalling ectune. Delete folder. Delete local settings and appdata cjperformance folders. Reboot. Reinstall, make sure forceupdate runs. Dig out the first license. Make sure ostrich is FF and request license. (you say you already did this, so this is necessary) Wait for old license to be deactivated and new License sent out to you. Should work. Very odd issue... I think I had it once... I was on firmware 10.10.o, and Iactually am still on that firmware on an ostrich1.... So that rules ostrich firmware out. Hopefully a license verify and reinstall helps.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

turbogeek

Post by turbogeek »

thanks for the reply but I never got a second license in the first place. The very first time I tried to license my Ostrich I got this error. Jay at Xenocron is trying to make some magic with a workaround, so I have to wait to hear back from him before I clear my Ostrich Serial ID again. If that doesn't work, then I will give your process a try. Like I said, it could be anything at this point.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

turbogeek wrote:thanks for the reply but I never got a second license in the first place. The very first time I tried to license my Ostrich I got this error. Jay at Xenocron is trying to make some magic with a workaround, so I have to wait to hear back from him before I clear my Ostrich Serial ID again. If that doesn't work, then I will give your process a try. Like I said, it could be anything at this point.
Ya this is an odd bug... But I do remember it happening to myself at one point... The best way to test your ostrich is to de-vendorize, load up the emutility from moates, and try to write a stock .bin to it to make sure that part works... Which at this point I have no doubt it does :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

turbogeek

Post by turbogeek »

great news everybody! Xenocron's workaround was a success! Fired it up and RTP and Datalogging work great. Gonna have fun this weekend. :P (Still wish I knew what was causing the problem cause eventually I'll have to relicense... but at least this method worked!)

sloweghatch

Post by sloweghatch »

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but this is exactly the same problem I'm having. What ended up being the fix?

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

I am also having this same problem ????