Future ectune support

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

barry
http://phpbb3styles.net

Future ectune support

Post by barry »

Just wondering if there is going to be anymore support for this software. I noticed a few guys falling off and using other software due to Calvin not being around much anymore doesnt seem to reply much to people who need help , and there hasn't been much updating with ectune since last year

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I think there are only a few interface related bugs. I haven't seen a rom change in over a year.... Which says a LOT compared to the development and release stages... Most issues I see are user error, and \"the process of tuning\" related, or my favorite; virus/OS issues :) The main other thing I see is registration requests. I have both had prompt and delayed service. Being in a customer service position, I understand things can happen on either side to cause delays. Annual re registration (this applies to ostrich only) is easy. Lost serial re registrations are bad... But with reasonable cause. If the ostrich had a static serial, he wouldn't have to take so many precautions. Double edged sword. I myself haven't had to contact Calvin for a while, so I am unsure what his day job life and or other things have been going. The software is great.... I have swayed many into purchasing it. This is my opinion pretty blatant. The long time users are always helping out on the forum... The software in that sense will be supported for a long time. IMHO. Me personally: I am sucking up soon and buying a Neptune package to try on my personal vehicle, and consider becoming a dealer/tuner for it as well.... Ultimately I think I'll stick to eCtune.... It has worked very well for me, and live plots help greatly! For now, I just use Crome free for my street tunes. Gets the job done at minimal (no extra) cost to the customer. They r just paying for my labor and equipment time. If they buy ectune/Neptune/s300, they get a discount on retunes for having RTP :). Less for me to hook up.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

The only thing I can say that Calvin is talking to people to get things changed. I cant say more but if things work out, eCtune is alive and kicking again.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

barry

Post by barry »

Gaskleppie wrote:The only thing I can say that Calvin is talking to people to get things changed. I cant say more but if things work out, eCtune is alive and kicking again.
That's great hopefully I'll see this this form alive again