Ostrich to Demon

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

NESof NOLA
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich to Demon

Post by NESof NOLA »

Im having problems connecting to the ecu with the newer software. I had heard others were having problems as well and switched. Is there a way I convert my license from Ostrich Pro to Demon pro?

David974

Post by David974 »

To move from an ostrich to a demon you need to contact Calvin, also there a 25$ fees

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I always used an ostrich. never had problems. do you use good shielded cables?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Inu experiences I have found the demon to be more unreliable in connection issues than the ostrich; in fact the ostrich is extremely solid and reliable. Every demon customer of mine that gets tunes on ectune (or any applicable ems); I tune them on my license/ostrich, then upload that .cal to their emulator in the end... no worries about disconnects and what not, and no breach of licensing. I have all my hardware inside the PCM case with 2 USB cables and the LM2 analog out cable hanging out of the case. Each of those has a ferrite bead on the end, same with all other USB/power cables in my tuning gear. Ostrich connection issues are few causes that I have come across: Emi: hid's, ignition mods(nology wires, msd, etc), etc Bad grounds Faulty/old cables
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

ya i have issues with my demon also my ostrich is way more solid i just hate having to deal with the hulog .

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by yc underground »

I'm starting to think it's just the demon board & firmware itself. Notice lot of connection & freezing issue with multiple demon setups, and not just with eCtune setup.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning