License Request

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

relic1 wrote:I'm guessing Calvin's crunching through the requests, got my license a few hours ago...
Sweet!!!!!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

is that why i can't connect ectune to my ostrich, the demon option is always selected and i got hulog to connect but can't get ostrich to connect, do i have to devendorize the ostrich even though its running ectune map, will my map be erased when i devendorize ostrich....tnx
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

just got my license yesterday, thanks guys....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

butch11a wrote:is that why i can't connect ectune to my ostrich, the demon option is always selected and i got hulog to connect but can't get ostrich to connect, do i have to devendorize the ostrich even though its running ectune map, will my map be erased when i devendorize ostrich....tnx
Contradictions there... Please verify: If you have no license.xml, it's demon mode. If you have license.xml, it's ostrich mode. When you devendorize it it erases the memory in the ostrich and unlocks the USB to be used by any application. The only application that can put data onto (but not retrieve) the ostrich/demon while it's vendorized is the moates EMutility. So if you want to use your vendorized emulator you have to save a file, and upload it to the emulator manually with EMutil. Long horrible drawn out tuning process I am really screwed with right now... Feels like burning chips back in the day. Still nothing on my end, and I have 10 cars to tune by Sunday >:(

mik

Post by mik »

Hey, has anyone heard back from Calvin? I'm stuck in the same boat as you Jared (license request sent April 8th, and I've emailed both Calvin directly and through the website). Why this isn't automated based on a paypal address or payment ID I don't know, but I'd at least like to devendorize my ostrich so I can tune other peoples' cars with Crome without having to use the Emutility. Do you think Calvin would allow a license switch to a demon? At this point, the demon is tempting to avoid these issues, but if the license isn't interchangable then I'll just switch to neptune at the same time.
JaredKaragen wrote:
butch11a wrote:is that why i can't connect ectune to my ostrich, the demon option is always selected and i got hulog to connect but can't get ostrich to connect, do i have to devendorize the ostrich even though its running ectune map, will my map be erased when i devendorize ostrich....tnx
Contradictions there... Please verify: If you have no license.xml, it's demon mode. If you have license.xml, it's ostrich mode. When you devendorize it it erases the memory in the ostrich and unlocks the USB to be used by any application. The only application that can put data onto (but not retrieve) the ostrich/demon while it's vendorized is the moates EMutility. So if you want to use your vendorized emulator you have to save a file, and upload it to the emulator manually with EMutil. Long horrible drawn out tuning process I am really screwed with right now... Feels like burning chips back in the day. Still nothing on my end, and I have 10 cars to tune by Sunday >:(

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Calvin loves switching people from ostrich to demon.... Makes his software that much more secure in his eyes (afaik last time I checked). Your call... But I know he'll do it. I love my ostrich because of EMutility, furthermore because of the lack of disconnects I see from demons (personally speaking).

mik

Post by mik »

JaredKaragen wrote:Calvin loves switching people from ostrich to demon.... Makes his software that much more secure in his eyes (afaik last time I checked). Your call... But I know he'll do it. I love my ostrich because of EMutility, furthermore because of the lack of disconnects I see from demons (personally speaking).
Hi Jared, I appreciate the input. I too love my ostrich because I've never had noise problems, and it sure is flexible (I have a second eeprom cable, so grabbing it out of my car to do someone elses really isn't a big deal). I just seem to have bad luck getting ahold of Calvin when I need a license. I really don't want to bother him over the phone because I'm sure he has more important things going on. (And I need to pick up an international/us calling card). I just wish it was easier to get a new license file when needed. So that it didn't inconvenience both Calvin and the users. I'm probably a minority in that I change hardware relatively frequently but I don't do enough tunes for 3rd parties to justify spending money on another laptop just for that. If anyone on here is close to Calvin (or happens to be talking to him), can you please ask him to get a hold of me? Or to please review my request. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by mik on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcletten

Post by dcletten »

i''m in this same boat actually. ive only emailed him 3-4 days ago, but i'm kinda in a stuck point right now until i get my renewal license. i got my license through xenocron and i as well don't want to just keep throwing emails at him, if anyone has a better way of getting a hold of him please let us know because its semi frustrating being my car is basically just a big paperweight until i can get my renewal :-/ Dan Clettenberg

ameso

Post by ameso »

I need my renewal license to tune my car Calvin come back,,,, :( :(

mik

Post by mik »

Nothing in my email yet. I just checked out the website again and maybe I'm blind but wasn't his phone number on there at some point? I noticed the store is 'closed' too. I hadn't noticed that before. I'm good if I get my license before this weekend, otherwise I guess I'm stuck using Chrome, the emutility and a lot of frustration to get my car up and running. Here's hoping...

dcletten

Post by dcletten »

just an update, i myself purchased my license through xenocron.com a few years ago, with no reply from calvin i emailed Chris Harris of xenocron and he helped me get up and running. so if any of you have purchased it fron xenocron, def hit him up. thanks Chris, your the man!!!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

dcletten wrote:just an update, i myself purchased my license through xenocron.com a few years ago, with no reply from calvin i emailed Chris Harris of xenocron and he helped me get up and running. so if any of you have purchased it fron xenocron, def hit him up. thanks Chris, your the man!!!
Correct. Chris handles his own sales; as does Calvin. They don't cross contaminate each other.

mik

Post by mik »

I still haven't heard a thing from Calvin or received my license. When did you originally request yours Jared? Just wondering on what your time frame was. It's been 4 weeks for me now.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

mik wrote:I still haven't heard a thing from Calvin or received my license. When did you originally request yours Jared? Just wondering on what your time frame was. It's been 4 weeks for me now.
thats close to the timeframe when I have received mine. one year it took almost 3 months; but Calvin went though some medical issues.

mik

Post by mik »

JaredKaragen wrote:
mik wrote:I still haven't heard a thing from Calvin or received my license. When did you originally request yours Jared? Just wondering on what your time frame was. It's been 4 weeks for me now.
thats close to the timeframe when I have received mine. one year it took almost 3 months; but Calvin went though some medical issues.
Your experience has pretty much mirrored mine then, but I sent Calvin another email earlier, just to give it one more try, and he got back to me almost right away. He said he was going to look into it tomorrow. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)