ECTUNE LICENSE?????

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sasquatch
http://phpbb3styles.net

ECTUNE LICENSE?????

Post by sasquatch »

This is ridiculous. I've been trying for more than a year to get a license renewal for this software. I've been nothing patient but this is enough. Someone please get back to me with a damn license so I can use what I paid for. Thanks

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

send email to [email protected] Title it in caps, ECTUNE LICENSE.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I emailed him and got a response stating i would get a new license the next day. it has been 2 days since i was supposed to get this new license. what is going on here????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

velocityaddiction

Post by velocityaddiction »

i feel ur pain dude i have been going throught the same thing since i bought the software 2 years ago ,

90teggy

Post by 90teggy »

I am seeing this everywhere, sure hope ectune isn't drying up, I love the software but the support is terrible.

mik

Post by mik »

9400RPMS wrote:send email to [email protected] Title it in caps, ECTUNE LICENSE.
It'll be three weeks Sunday, and I sent emails to both Calvin directly and through the website's contact email (license request). I really don't know what else to do. I request it weeks before I need it (April 8th) and still no response for when I finally do need it. I don't want to bash eCtune, because I love the software, but come on. Either lax up on the application security or (since I know that won't be considered) just answer your customers license requests in a timely fashion! That is not too much to ask, and if it is, see the first option because people should be able to use what they have paid for. If they can't, they should be refunded.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I myself haven't even got a reply aside from the automated registration received email. Weeks... Yes, same here. Yet I wait.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

he sure posts alot on facebook on his personal page

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I even paid more for the software to beta test than it cost at release. Last year it took almost 2 months. I don't bitch, I just wait. I understand crap happens, like my boss magically being missing when payday is here. Oah well. Hopefully it comes soon.

mik

Post by mik »

Two months? An 8 week response time would be unacceptable in any business. If he can't send them in a timely manner then he should be offering refunds and shutting the business down or offering perpetual licenses. Yes shit can happen, but you either run your business or you don't. It shouldn't be the same lack of customer support year after year after year. Supposedly Victor was going to take over support, but he isn't answering emails either. Unfortunately I live where I can only use my car a little over 6 months of the year if I don't want it to turn into a rust heap. I'd like to actually be able to drive it this year.
JaredKaragen wrote:I even paid more for the software to beta test than it cost at release. Last year it took almost 2 months. I don't bitch, I just wait. I understand crap happens, like my boss magically being missing when payday is here. Oah well. Hopefully it comes soon.
He needs to know customers aren't happy with how he's running things and that it isn't fair to them. Sucks that you paid even more, but that's just more of a reason you deserve answers and a timely response. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been any small claims action over this, if he treats dealers the same way. If my boss didn't pay me on time, I'd be finding a new job and taking it up with the BBB and the government/labour board. That is something that is completely unacceptable in a world of payroll and direct deposit. By letting that go you justify what he did and he'll feel he can do it again. That is why people with power over others feel they can abuse it again and again.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

mik wrote:If my boss didn't pay me on time, I'd be finding a new job and taking it up with the BBB and the government/labour board. That is something that is completely unacceptable in a world of payroll and direct deposit. By letting that go you justify what he did and he'll feel he can do it again. That is why people with power over others feel they can abuse it again and again.
Simply put... the shop is broke... not what you think.. about 56K in jobs completed waiting for customers to pay and pick up their heaps =/ i dont bitch about that... its my good friend who is the owner anyways. I just grin and bear it.. what else can I do to fix the problem now? what I have... and not much more. I really wish calvin wasnt such a lagger.... its happened before... I didnt bitch... I even helped tune people down when they were int he same boat at the same time. Last year he caught a very very nasty bug in south america and wasnt physically able to do it. Yet people griped he was on FB... gee... i wonder why =)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Checked my inbox. License sent. I knew it would come :). Just to show patience pays. Or just get a demon... Lol!

mik

Post by mik »

JaredKaragen wrote:
mik wrote:If my boss didn't pay me on time, I'd be finding a new job and taking it up with the BBB and the government/labour board. That is something that is completely unacceptable in a world of payroll and direct deposit. By letting that go you justify what he did and he'll feel he can do it again. That is why people with power over others feel they can abuse it again and again.
Simply put... the shop is broke... not what you think.. about 56K in jobs completed waiting for customers to pay and pick up their heaps =/ i dont bitch about that... its my good friend who is the owner anyways. I just grin and bear it.. what else can I do to fix the problem now? what I have... and not much more. I really wish calvin wasnt such a lagger.... its happened before... I didnt bitch... I even helped tune people down when they were int he same boat at the same time. Last year he caught a very very nasty bug in south america and wasnt physically able to do it. Yet people griped he was on FB... gee... i wonder why =)
Sorry if I seemed offensive there, I just hate when people don't get paid on time. I worked for a shop in the same situation when I was doing my job placement (I felt bad for the guy because he really wanted to pay me, even though really he didn't have to because it was for school). I don't even want to seem hard on Calvin really, because I know what it's like to be sick, and have to deal with family members that have been sick and in the hospital for months at a time. I just wish he would let people know what's up. I'm sure if he had been able to post something (or have someone post something on the main page) about being sick, people would kinda back off a little. I hope he's feeling better these days and I hope he understands the users just want to hear from him. To show some signs of life in the software. Know what I mean? On that note, I haven't received my license yet but I'm glad you have. I tried emailing victor (since he had mentioned on facebook that he was going to be helping out) and chris harris (but chris' inbox was full) and mentioned in those emails that you were in dire need of your license as well. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope he gets to mine soon.

hitTutNeefe

ECTUNE LIC

Post by hitTutNeefe »

Yes I have received a license key, but it does not work Wrote - \"The license is invalid\" Figured out the problem is that I did everything in 64bit windows? Why then 32bit application is not functionally 64ishe windows / Even the registration form on your site.