problems trying to force update

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JDMirza
http://phpbb3styles.net

problems trying to force update

Post by JDMirza »

New ECTune user here pretty soon, just trying to actually take a quick peek on how the software looks and all. I'm having trouble trying to force update it. I just installed the software via zip file on the sticky page, and completed the install. now when I try to open it on my desktop, it sends me a message to force update it. So I force update it from the startup menu, and it keeps telling me access denied: Web update failed with error: Access to path: 'C:\\Program files(86)eCtune\\\\\\eCtune.chm'

relic1

Post by relic1 »

windows 7? \"run as administrator\" required
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Okay. Now I tried it on my htc1100 laptop with windows XP. I download the zip file. Tried installing the frame network known as \"setup\" in the actual folder and it's not letting me process all the way through. Through some point of the installation process it asked me to reboot the system to continue the install of frame network 3.5, and then it said \"An error occured while installing system components for eCtune. Setup can not continue until all system components have been installed.\" I clicked on the link below for more information and it says \"Component .NET Framework 3.5 has failed to install with the following error message: \"Fatal error during installation. \" The following components failed to install: - .NET Framework 3.5 See the setup log file located at 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\install.log' for more information. Now when I try to open up that file through run in the startup menu it lists The following properties have been set: Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean} Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string} Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.2 {version} Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)', phase BuildList Running external check with command 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\DotNetFX\\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters '' Process exited with code 1 Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled' Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer' Read string value '6.0.2900.2180' Setting value '6.0.2900.2180 {string}' for property 'IEVersion' The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)': Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int} Property: [IEVersion] = 6.0.2900.2180 {string} Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\\instmsia.exe' Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': true Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass' Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': false Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': true Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass' Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\\dotnetfx.exe' Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': true Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass' '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1': Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass' 'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5', phase BuildList Reading value 'Install' of registry key 'HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v3.5\\1033' Unable to read registry value Not setting value for property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5': Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' was not defined Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false Result of running operator 'VersionEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.2.0': false Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Install' '.NET Framework 3.5' RunCheck result: Install Needed EULA for components '.NET Framework 3.5' was accepted. Copying files to temporary directory \"C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\\" Downloading files to \"C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\\" (3/29/2012 4:41:31 PM) Downloading 'DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' from 'http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964' to 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\' Download completed at 3/29/2012 4:41:37 PM Verifying file integrity of C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe WinVerifyTrust returned 0 File trusted Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5', phase BeforePackage Reading value 'Install' of registry key 'HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v3.5\\1033' Unable to read registry value Not setting value for property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5': Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet35InstallSuccess' was not defined Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false Result of running operator 'VersionEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.2.0': false Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Install' '.NET Framework 3.5' RunCheck result: Install Needed Verifying file integrity of C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe WinVerifyTrust returned 0 File trusted Installing using command 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\HPUSER~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\VSD94.tmp\\DotNetFX35\\dotNetFx35setup.exe' and parameters ' /lang:enu /passive /norestart' Process exited with code 1603 Status of package '.NET Framework 3.5' after install is 'InstallFailed' Please help im trying to get my tuning going on here. :/

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Okay nvm. Sorry for being a troll, but I just got connected to the software succesfully!1 Now my big question is, don't I still have to download the frame network 3.5 application labeled as setup in that folder in order to have a valid license linked to my Ostrich ? Or am I ready to go and I just need to pay for the license for my ostrich so I can start tuning?

relic1

Post by relic1 »

3.5 is required to run the program, if you're past that point and everything is running... all you need to do is run through the licensing process.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell