Help. licensed ordered, trying to connect.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JDMirza
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help. licensed ordered, trying to connect.

Post by JDMirza »

I am having a problem connecting the ectune program to my ostrich 2.0 When I click on connect through emulator tab it says \"Could not connect with Demon.\" I have a license, and went through the step by step configuration in the help contents from the ectune program.. Now I am having a problem with the \"serial key\" table that is supposed to show up, I guess, in my registration window when I compare it to the one in the help contents. I looked through the ectune software installation wiki as well, but it doesn't quiet give me much information on setting up the program. What do I do ? Is there somekind of driver that needs to be installed for the ectune program to identify that the ostrich is linked to the laptop so that they both can communicate with each other ? http://www.team-integra.net/forum/15-ad ... ml#2320871 Now I also found this for setting up the ostrich or it's firmware, can anybody explain to me if I have to do this and what this is used for ? I know it's for Crome but I just want to get an idea for future reference. Maybe I need to install this firmware thing in order for my laptop to detect the ostrich that it is plugged in ? Since there is so many updates on it, I am really confused as to where to start. :(

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Damn im such a noob, so a guy on honda-tech told me there was a 2nd license to be received but does that have anything to do with the firmware. God I wish I wasn't this stupid. okay so... i had no idea that there was even a 2nd license. I received the one on xenocron tuning when I look at it through my account that I opened up from a link that was updated to me via e-mail. I guess it came in 3 days after I have ordered the license through Xenocron. Now I think what my problem is I am trying to complete step 1 and 2 which is downloading the firmware. It is a zip file, the one for my ostrich2 that I have downloaded, and extracted. Once all that was done, I opened up the moatesware Firmware Update Builder and for Hardware Description and Current Firmware Version it can not detect absolutely anything. Sorry for being a troll people I just want to get ectune setup so I can start tuning already.

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Anybody ? I downloaded the driver, rebooted my computer to see if it was going to take any effect on changes. Tried the same thing, and I am still getting the same message where it won't connect to my ostrich2.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Try to see if the Moates troubleshooing is of any help: http://support.moates.net/2009/02/28/tr ... g-ostrich/ The very first phase is to verify that the Ostrich presents a serial port to Windows, which is where the driver comes in. Personally I always use the latest FTDI drivers. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

JDMirza

Post by JDMirza »

Finally got it kinda figured out. The emulator info was the problem. I clicked reset in the emulator info, and I tried connecting to the emulator and it finally connected but in red letters. I think the reason why this problem is occuring because there is no serial key registered under serial for the ostrich emulator to be identified. Is this because I haven't input the serial ID in serial key? and the emulator license in info/vendor tab is showing me emulator licensed: false ? I did order my license from xenocron and do have a transaction I.D. But I did not receive a serial key yet. Perhaps this is the last step to the process before I can start tuning.