Transfering a NA tune to boost??

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

90teggy
http://phpbb3styles.net

Transfering a NA tune to boost??

Post by 90teggy »

Sorry if this has been awnered before. I tried to search and yielded nothing. I have a high resolution tune that I spent a lot of time on tweaking here and there to my liking. I am going turbo now and would like to utilize my NA tune and add the boost to it. Basically I used 24 columns before for NA and now I would like to scale that down to 18 columns and use the last 6 for boost. I have tried opening a new tune and copy and pasting but what I cant figure how to do is scale the 24 columns that are exsisting down to 18 columns to allow for 6 cloumns of boost. Do I have to start over??

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

The biggest problem is in the map sensor. Did you change the map sensor? Otherwise, you can change the map load values in the map itself.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

90teggy

Post by 90teggy »

No I haven't changed the map sensor this will be a mild boost (for now). The problem I am having is because I have used all 24 columns in the NA tune I can't figure out how to shrink it down to make room for the boost columns. I think what I'll have to do is redo some columns and go back and re tweak the tune. I was trying to advoid that I had made rock solid ratio's in open loop alone. Oh well, its good pratice.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Just delete some columns especially some of those really close to 1000mbar. These will probably be changed somewhat as the turbo is added. Look for areas where the lines in the map are reasonably straight, this is a good indication that the resolution can be reduced and interpolation will do its thing :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

90teggy

Post by 90teggy »

Bindegal wrote:Just delete some columns especially some of those really close to 1000mbar. These will probably be changed somewhat as the turbo is added. Look for areas where the lines in the map are reasonably straight, this is a good indication that the resolution can be reduced and interpolation will do its thing :) /Allan
Okay, good point. Thank you both for your replies.