Tune file seems to get buggy with multiple changes

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

90teggy
http://phpbb3styles.net

Tune file seems to get buggy with multiple changes

Post by 90teggy »

I have noticed that after starting a new tune and after changing it multiple times to tweak it here and there I start to notice glitches. Example the first time I used software I noticed that after driving for awhile the cel would come on for o2 sensor. Checked many times and it was indeed disabled. I then started a new tune file as I added bigger injectors. This time after making changes I noticed that engine would peg pig rich. I started to think I had a bad injectors but then ruled this out. Then I realized that I was not having anymore problems with cel. So I opened a new tune file and copied and pasted tune into new file. No more problems with randomly going rich. Recently installed turbo and again made many changes to tune, started to have problems with fuel cut on de accel. Problem was that on a rhythm it would spray fuel for a second causing a annoying lunge and a pop through the exhaust. Again started a new file and copied the tune to new file and problem is gone. My concern is that the next glitch is going to be in timing or in fuel while wot. Then kaboom over software issue. Anyone else experience this??

mik

Re: Tune file seems to get buggy with multiple changes

Post by mik »

Are you using an Ostrich or a Demon? Sounds like you might be experiencing noise issues. Obviously the program isn't being corrupted if you're able to re-use it, but there sure sounds like there is something freaking your computer out. Maybe some other folks can chime in here, I know JaredKaragen and others have delt with lots of noise problems in various cars that required shielding the eeprom emulator, in some cases actually putting the ostrich inside the ecu, foil tape to shield sensor wires, and other measures.
90teggy wrote:I have noticed that after starting a new tune and after changing it multiple times to tweak it here and there I start to notice glitches. Example the first time I used software I noticed that after driving for awhile the cel would come on for o2 sensor. Checked many times and it was indeed disabled. I then started a new tune file as I added bigger injectors. This time after making changes I noticed that engine would peg pig rich. I started to think I had a bad injectors but then ruled this out. Then I realized that I was not having anymore problems with cel. So I opened a new tune file and copied and pasted tune into new file. No more problems with randomly going rich. Recently installed turbo and again made many changes to tune, started to have problems with fuel cut on de accel. Problem was that on a rhythm it would spray fuel for a second causing a annoying lunge and a pop through the exhaust. Again started a new file and copied the tune to new file and problem is gone. My concern is that the next glitch is going to be in timing or in fuel while wot. Then kaboom over software issue. Anyone else experience this??

90teggy

Post by 90teggy »

I am using the demon. I have heard that Honda ecu's are noisy. What I don't understand is when I have a issue I rewrite a new file and all is well. If it was noise I don't think that a recreation of a tune would change anything. Also what is ectune checking for when verifying a rom. Sometimes when I perform this action the rom comes back UNverified??

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

My guess is somehow the demons memory bits get flipped... Wether it be interference, or some other odd reaction. Make a thin grounded tin box to encapsulate the demon... If your a fabricator... That should all but eliminate the problem... But who knows, maybe your demon is faulty? There are a few possibilities, gotta narrow it down.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

90teggy

Post by 90teggy »

Here is a screen shot of the rom downloaded from ecu today. This is a common occurrence no matter what I do. See the odd ball cells? Seems to always do this in the same manner and the same cells. Bad Demon? I just purchased it with the ecu. I hope not!
Attachments
ectunescrsht.png
ectunescrsht.png (226.58 KiB) Viewed 5564 times

Spawne32

Post by Spawne32 »

I have issues of the demon coming back unverified as well, but I do not pull my tunes back off the demon, i keep them as a saved file on my laptop and open them up and modify them that way while live tuning. Sometimes when uploading a new tune it will come back not verified, then I erase the demon and reupload the tune from scratch again. Not sure what it is exactly that causes it. I just know there are constant quirks to the factory ECU that I think we will never fully understand, as support for our cars is continually abandoned left and right.