replaced batteries in ostrich ver 1....now no start

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

non-vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

replaced batteries in ostrich ver 1....now no start

Post by non-vtec »

hey guys.... i just replaced the 3 AAA batteries in my ostrich version 1.0 and now the car wont start. was running perfectly fine before. i put the new batteries in, connected to laptop and uploaded current calibration which was same as before and all i get is a solid CEL. any ideas or suggestions??

mik

Re: replaced batteries in ostrich ver 1....now no start

Post by mik »

non-vtec wrote:hey guys.... i just replaced the 3 AAA batteries in my ostrich version 1.0 and now the car wont start. was running perfectly fine before. i put the new batteries in, connected to laptop and uploaded current calibration which was same as before and all i get is a solid CEL. any ideas or suggestions??
You may have to deauthorize and reauthorize the ostrich, but I'm not 100% on that. Likely it erased part of the memory the software uses to determine the authorized ostrich. Where you were able to actually upload a tune though, I can't be positive. I was kinda wondering about this scenario myself.

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

Ya it connects fine. Shows greed connected and the cal loads like normal. But solid CEL.

dcletten

Post by dcletten »

did you disconnect the ostrich from the ecu when you replaced them? i could somehow see you spiking voltage to the ecu and frying it somehow. but thats only if it was still connected to the ecu.

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

the ostrich was disconnected from the ecu before replacing the batteries. so far i had my tuner burn my current calibration onto a chip and the car starts and runs fine. so it's not a ecu problem. i will try re-flashing the ostrich and reload the base rom and calibration again....i will keep this issue updated.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

if you pull the battery from the ostrich it erases its memory; and the stored serial ectune is tied to. usually it involves requesting a license from the emulator tab... you will be told it will have its serial set and wait for a license in the mail... crappily enough this disables your ostrich for use until you can get your license and devendorize the ostrich without erasing the serial. very strange it uploads the calibration and whatnot after pulling the battery... I never just upload a calibration... I always \"upload base rom and calibration\"... i never have issues with this upload method.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

So I got my ostrich working again. I never used the upload base rom and calibration before. Only upload calibration. So after I did rom + cal it started to work correctly. The serial number and registration never changed. Only the base rom needed to be uploaded....

mik

Post by mik »

non-vtec wrote:So I got my ostrich working again. I never used the upload base rom and calibration before. Only upload calibration. So after I did rom + cal it started to work correctly. The serial number and registration never changed. Only the base rom needed to be uploaded....
Doh I completely missed that, I had just assumed you were uploading the rom+calibration the first time. It makes sense as pulling the battery will erase the ostriches memory. I (like Jared) am also surprised you didn't have to devendorize the ostrich. Can't really complain about that. :lol:

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Must have been a ninja with that batteries! I keep a button cell arrangement to hook up while swapping batteries or cleaning their contacts
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

JaredKaragen wrote:Must have been a ninja with that batteries! I keep a button cell arrangement to hook up while swapping batteries or cleaning their contacts
haha....not really...pulled out the batteries and took my time putting in the new ones...