Solid Cel when using ectune

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

poodlemuffer
http://phpbb3styles.net

Solid Cel when using ectune

Post by poodlemuffer »

I have tuned with ectune before (2 years ago), i am tuning a friends car and we have recently got the license emailed to us. the car is a basic GSR turbo,while waiting for the license file we wrote a crome basemap to a eeprom to start the car. Car runs without a problem even though a tiny bit lean. Now ectune is working and connecting to the ostrich 1.0 fine, uploading and verifying fine. set up the basemap with new injectors and hondata 4 bar map sensor. When we go to start the car we get a solid cel light and the car coughs and runs for 1 second and shuts off. No error codes?.. Anyone got a clue where to start looking?, :?

Natural Aspirations

Post by Natural Aspirations »

I have had this issue when the 4 pin data log cable was not plugged in correctly with the demon. No experience with the ostrich.

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

hmm, gonna check the battery in the ostrich as its been sitting a while. apart from that im stumped.

siregcivic

Post by siregcivic »

you dont have to have the datalogging cable hooked up in order for the car to run with the ostrich its probably an issue with the ostrich, do you have a chip burner? if yes reset the license on ectune, open up crome and put a map on the ostrich, doesnt matter what the map just put one on.. then unhook the ostrich from the usb, hook the usb to the chip burner put the pin header that goes into the ecu into the chip burner the same way a chip would go and read the map... if it doesnt show up with the map you put on the ostrich its an ostrich problem and your gonna need to get an rma repair, same thing happened to mine one day just quit working.. rma repair is free just gotta pay for shipping to dave at moates.net