Big problem need help! Purchased new laptop ectune don't wor

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

92redhatch
http://phpbb3styles.net

Big problem need help! Purchased new laptop ectune don't wor

Post by 92redhatch »

I just purchased a new laptop because my old laptop died. I downloaded ectune from the home page however the issue I'm having is that the Version I downloaded says \"Ectune pro demon\" instead of saying \"ectune pro ostrich\". So my problem is when I try to connect my ostrich and hulog it says \"demon cannot be found\". Obviously I don't have demon. So I'm trying to download the version for ostrich. I have my license and my ostrich is registered. Please help I'm going to the track tomorrow. Thanks Mike

Boricuanology

Post by Boricuanology »

I believed you go to where it says emulator and there is a drop down menu, there you can change the emulator you are using, Demon, ostrich 1 or 2 . I ask the same question a while ago and I believed \"DK\" told me this.
Doing the best I can with what I got.

joppez

Post by joppez »

Ostrich version is for one laptop only, you need new serial code for that. When you have this licence.something in your ectune folder, program says ectune pro ostrich and your good to go.

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

Calvin fixed my issue. It was very simple, by using it different license now it says Ectune pro ostrich. Thanks

Boricuanology

Post by Boricuanology »

So I'm gonna have to get in contact with Calvin myself because I'm also a Ostrich 2 user NOT a Demon user. I was told by him to go to the the site and download the program from there. I already register and got a the 1st licence from him. I'm trying to get the emulator going but is showing as \"Emulator Disconnected\" at the bottom of the page program. At the very top of this page it says: \"eCtune PRI edition (Pro_Demon)\" I didn't pay no mind cause from what I heard you can change this options under setting with a drop down window that lets you choose which emulator to use. My problem is that on the top of this page I click on Emulator, a drop down window opens. I click on emulator info and I can't send for a license request cause is not being detected. Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Now I go to my winrar folder I click on the ostrich2 firmware \"OSTRICH2_20_9_0\", Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us then it takes me to the ostrich2 folder where is shows two items (1)MoatesFirmware--- Application (2)02_2090.MFW-------MFW File Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us I click on the first one and a grey window opens: \"Moatesware Firmware Updater:Build 1.13.0016.00\" I think this is the first time that I see this window, What am I supposed to do now? Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Doing the best I can with what I got.

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

I didn't do the whole winrar thing again. Since I'm using the same Ostrich2 and Hulog And car I just downloaded ectune, registered on help section in ectune,and Calvin sent me a new license . Then all of sudden with the new license it changed from \"Ectune Pro Demon\" to \"Ectune Pro Ostrich. Now I'm going to try today to connect to my ecu.

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

I guess I have to do the whole winrar thing because it couldn't connect to the emmulator