PLEASE Need help installing the software on my new laptop.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Boricuanology
http://phpbb3styles.net

PLEASE Need help installing the software on my new laptop.

Post by Boricuanology »

First of all this is not my first time installing eCtune althou it might seem that way, it is actually my third and each time it seems to get harder and harder for some reason. I'm planning on doing a step by step with pictures showing what I'm doing also showing any problem/error I'm dealing with. I was able to Get in touch with Calvin and this is what I got from him: \"Download the website version Register from help menu When you receive and install license it will be pro ostrich version. Please quote all prior emails to help us provide a more accurate and quicker response! Regards, eCtune\" So I download the program from the store. Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Program downloading as seen in a screen. Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us After downloading I got this message but kept anyway. Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Showing the download of eCtune in my winrar folder. One of the questions I have, do I double click on this folder or do I click \"extract to\"? Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us So far I have been double clicking so I hope that's ok, after I double click I now have two files. Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Now which one of this two files is the one that I actually use to install eCtune? Do I only click one or both of them? I'm gonna make sure I do everything step by step with pictures so I know I'm doing it right/or wrong. To be continue
Doing the best I can with what I got.

Boricuanology

Post by Boricuanology »

25 views and no one wants to help me!! Please guys I don't know what is going on now, if I'm doing something wrong or is it the computer I got now. This will be my third time installing eCtune and going thru the whole process of getting a license, which we all know can be a nightmare. 1st time was on a IBM Thinkpad with XP, 2nd time was on a Accer Netbook with window 7 and now I have Dell Latitude D630 which it came with service pack 2 window XP when I got it. I updated her to service pack 3. Also for some reason I couldn't even download eCtune because in the middle of the installation a window will pop open telling me I need it 3.5 .NET framework(This never happen to me before). I try to download the 3.5 framework and it wasn't letting me because my Internet Explorer version was old so I upgraded to the latest one for Window XP, Internet Explorer 8. I went ahead to download the .NET Framework so I went and got the latest version which it was 4.0 I figure I get the latest one that way it will be up to date, but I was still getting the message while installing eCtune to get the 3.5 NET framework which I did and I guess that took care of the installation process. On each and every time I had to install eCtune its never been a smooth road for me for some reason. We all got the same instructions: Dear eCtune User, Thank your buying eCtune. Ostrich1 firmware: http://websrv.ectune.com/OSTRICH_10_20_O.zip Ostrich2 firmware: http://websrv.ectune.com/OSTRICH2_20_9_O.zip Installer: http://websrv.ectune.com/eCtune.Setup.current.rar Step 1: Install the right firmware on your ostrich Step 2: Extract and install ectune Step 3: Run Force update Step 4: Start eCtune and register Step 5: Receive and install license Step 6: Connect your emulator and request license Step 6: Install your license Step 8: Tune your car And each and every time its been a back and forth nightmare of emails for me, I can't even go to the store site and get instructions on the installation process because there's not content and Calvin lost his patience with me telling me to \"Learn how to read\" so thats why I'm reaching for anybody that would be nice enough to help me. Please OBI ONE KenobI, you my only hope!!!

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

I'm going thru the same thing your going thru ectune is a good tuning tool but this whole setup is a POS! Last time I installed it I had to get MOATES on the phone to help me. And that's how I installed it. I don't know how I'm going to install it this time. Calvin needs to either sell ectune to someone that cares or step it up

Boricuanology

Post by Boricuanology »

I wonder if with so many people complaining, we can get a refund. I have spend over $350 and I can't even install the program. At least with this amount I can pay somebody to do the tuning for me. I have send tons of emails, with pictures showing step by step of what I'm doing BEFORE I even do anything, HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I GET IT WRONG!!!! and I still doing something wrong because the program is not opening right and/or running. I have send this emails to Calvin and he doesn't know whats going on, and the last thing he told me was to \"Learn how to read\" I even ask for this option: \"We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world\". and I still waiting for that reply. There's no fucking way I'm gonna lose $350 just like that. NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by yc underground »

Your not to far from me I'll be at my shop this saturday if you want to make the trip so i can help you out.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Boricuanology

Post by Boricuanology »

yc underground wrote:Your not to far from me I'll be at my shop this saturday if you want to make the trip so i can help you out.
Thanks a million man, funny that i was thinking about you about a email you send me. I have a feeling that there's something wrong with my Dell, since it need it a bunch of updates, I got a feeling I install something wrong or it didn't install at all and is giving me problems. I see what I can do, I will PM/email/call you to see what Im gonna do. Thanks again man!!