eCtune Protocol

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

n4n
http://phpbb3styles.net

eCtune Protocol

Post by n4n »

I'm hoping you have a doc or will share info on the eCtune protocol so I can tap into it for some gear I have. Did a similar thing with Crome, but would love to switch my main setup over to eCtune since it's so much nicer. Just want MAP, RPM, speed, and that sort of stuff. TIA

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

My reccomendation to you is to look into Neptune or Hondata. Ectune really isn't a good product to waste time with.

n4n

Post by n4n »

LOL. Thanks for the reply. Hope I can get some technical detail from Calvin or someone. I can always reverse it, too, but that's a little more work. Don't have a ton of extra time on my hands. I think eCtune is a quality product. Love that part about it. I write software for a living and can tell Calvin knows his stuff. My only suggestion for improvement of eCtune is to require fewer software updates and license renewals. It can be a real PITA. Anyone have details or a link to some? I have searched and found 0.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

n4n wrote:LOL. Thanks for the reply. Hope I can get some technical detail from Calvin or someone. I can always reverse it, too, but that's a little more work. Don't have a ton of extra time on my hands. I think eCtune is a quality product. Love that part about it. I write software for a living and can tell Calvin knows his stuff. My only suggestion for improvement of eCtune is to require fewer software updates and license renewals. It can be a real PITA. Anyone have details or a link to some? I have searched and found 0.
The protocol is available... Many people have it. I remembering being like one byte out for 50 bytes in, but it changed since then I think. Was during beta.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

anyone ever get this if so let me no

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Asked Calvin twice and both times I received a ok but never got it. I also want to develop and a buddy of mine was also willing to write a program but never left ground, sadly. I know a Android programmer (here on this forum) has the protocol but I don't know if he is willing to share... [edit] link to topic [/edit]

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

RoadXY wrote:Asked Calvin twice and both times I received a ok but never got it. I also want to develop and a buddy of mine was also willing to write a program but never left ground, sadly. I know a Android programmer (here on this forum) has the protocol but I don't know if he is willing to share... [edit] link to topic [/edit]
I hate to say it, but I know HRTuning has it (for tunerview compatibility), and I believe 14point7 has it too. I asked years ago. Wanted to make an IOS bluetooth logger. le sigh.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

So would it be possible to receive the documentation then?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

RoadXY wrote:So would it be possible to receive the documentation then?
send the android app developer a message. he should be helpful.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Will do, thanx.

antoni

Post by antoni »

RoadXY wrote:Will do, thanx.
die calvin is niet meer echt actief waarom neem jij z'n handel niet over?

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

antoni wrote:
RoadXY wrote:Will do, thanx.
die calvin is niet meer echt actief waarom neem jij z'n handel niet over? [english]Calvin is not active anymore, why don't you take it over?
This is a English forum, I translated your tekst. Because there are more competent people here on this forum and he is not willing to transfer...