disconnect under high amp load

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Spawne32
http://phpbb3styles.net

disconnect under high amp load

Post by Spawne32 »

Hey guys, I keep having an issue here trying to datalog with ectune along with my moates demon setup. Im running a spal medium performance fan, 13\" rated at a continuous 10 amps, but I know that the fan draw's alot more then that on startup, as it popped a 20amp fuse trying to kick on. I rewired the whole system to run directly off the battery using a 30amp relay, and this has helped keep continuous voltage going to the fan when my lights and other accessories are on, I can tell this by the fact that it no longer drops in RPM with the change from the headlights being on or off. While my 130amp alternator may be able to keep up with this fan just fine at idle, whenever it kicks on, ectune keeps getting disconnected from the demon itself, and I have to unplug the connection, close ectune, and restart it all over again. Now this is problematic because the fan kicks on and off alot, it doesnt just stay continuously running, so i keep getting disconnected all the time. This is killing my ability to datalog and tune, so i dunno if this problem is program related, wiring related, or i gotta talk to moates about an issue with the demon.

Billspec

Post by Billspec »

Check all vehicle grounds twice... its easy to forget some of the silly ones. I had this problem with another system before. Changed cap rotor and wires and fixed some grounds... hope that helps. PS. Just wire the fan on a switch and tune the car... then mess with the fan after the car is tuned. Billspec