Incorrect AFR reading eCtune serial logging LC-1

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

alextrebek
http://phpbb3styles.net

Incorrect AFR reading eCtune serial logging LC-1

Post by alextrebek »

Finished building my engine, it's back in the car, running well. After I posted the log file from one of the last runs before the bearing spun, myself and a lot of people noticed that at 20psi @ 6k it was at 13.0:1, way to lean of course. But the car was professionally tuned by a reputable tuner. So I wondered why the reading was so lean. He tuned it with his own LC-1 logging in his dyno software, not eCtune. I went out to do some low load pulls and log everything to try and get things dialed in. Same numbers, high 12's low 13's. I started adding fuel. By the time the AFR was at 11.5 in eCtune, the car was sputtering and popping from being too rich. eCtune GUI view and logging said 11.5, the gauge said 9.5/10.0. This is all over serial, with LC-1 chosen in eCtune's settings. No analog junk. Being confused, I closed eCtune and opened up the Innovate logging program. It was dead on with the gauge. And the gauge seemed to be more accurate based on the sputtering and popping of the car, than what was in eCtune. So car sound/feel = tuner's AFR graphs = gauge = innovate logging program =/= eCtune. To me this is indicating that something is incorrect with eCtune. Has anyone ran in to this while using SERIAL logging with an lc-1 or any other wideband and eCtune? I've also noticed that the injector duty cycle is incorrect in eCtune logs. I'm starting to get fed up of eCtune. Thinking of moving to Neptune or Hondata. Any ideas?

alextrebek

Post by alextrebek »

Problem Solved. I switched to Neptune. See ya later eCtune. GL.

gefi

Post by gefi »

Its a voltage conversation table problem when u click enable on serial logging it changes the table to a fixed numbers ... Anyone found a way around that ?
Hp & Tq Lunatic

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I use serial logging all the time and never encountered such a problem.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

gefi

Post by gefi »

Care to explain how ? Or post a screenshot of ur wideband window in settings with serial enabled ? I have lm1 and lm2 and have never ever been able to make it work ...
Hp & Tq Lunatic

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I have a lc1 and I know Calvin had a LM1, both working serial. I do know that if you first try to connect with the standard LC or LM software and then want to use eCtune, the port is blocked so eCtune cant read the LM or LC. You first have to restart your laptop before trying again. You also need a very good usb/com port converter or a real comm port to get it working.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands