Windows 10 and 8.1 Compatibility

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

ryan89crx wrote:Thanks Jared for the info on getting it up and running. I have a different method that I used to get ectune working on my Win10 laptop. Based on the same steps that Jared used, however easier IMO. Download eCtune via the link in the current version thread. Run this program as admin Open whatever directory that it installed to, usually Program Files (x86) Right click on eCtune folder, click "Properties" Under the "Security" tab, click "Edit" (Change permissions) Click your logon name under the "Group or Usernames" menu Next box down "Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES", click Full Control > Allow Click ok to exit all the settings prompts. Start menu > All apps > eCtune > Force update This should allow the update to proceed. Get new license(if needed), place in eCtune folder, run APP as Admin( I simply open properties and make it run as Admin every time)
Yeah, I knew it was the permissions issues causing the forceupdate to not work. Newer versions of windows don't allow files to be modified in the program files and roaming folders as easily as before. I kept right clicking and running as administrator; but it seems it's sub-process can't be granted admin rights via the forceupdate app and the update fails. Glad it's helping you guys migrate over. Windows 10 from a non-upgrade clean install has proven to work pretty well so far.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

ryan89crx wrote:Thanks Jared for the info on getting it up and running. I have a different method that I used to get ectune working on my Win10 laptop. Based on the same steps that Jared used, however easier IMO. Download eCtune via the link in the current version thread. Run this program as admin Open whatever directory that it installed to, usually Program Files (x86) Right click on eCtune folder, click "Properties" Under the "Security" tab, click "Edit" (Change permissions) Click your logon name under the "Group or Usernames" menu Next box down "Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES", click Full Control > Allow Click ok to exit all the settings prompts. Start menu > All apps > eCtune > Force update This should allow the update to proceed. Get new license(if needed), place in eCtune folder, run APP as Admin( I simply open properties and make it run as Admin every time)
This is working! I had this problem on a Win8 laptop and it solved the problem. Thanks for posting!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands