can't request ostrich license

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ricardo_v
http://phpbb3styles.net

can't request ostrich license

Post by ricardo_v »

Just installed fresh to a new laptop (win10). Got the license a few days ago. Now when I want to connect the ostrich to ectune. I push request license and I'm getting a screen which only say's error. Is a bug in the software or something windows 10 related?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I just made a how-to for installing eCtune on win10: 1- disable UAC 2- unpack eCtune.Setup.current.rar file 3- run as administrator: setup.exe 4- Open whatever directory that eCtune is installed to, usually Program Files (x86) 5- Right click on eCtune folder, click \"Properties\" 6- Under the \"Security\" tab, click \"Edit\" (Change permissions) 7- Click your logon name under the \"Group or Usernames\" menu 8- Next box down \"Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES\", click Full Control > Allow 9- Click ok to exit all the settings prompts. 10- Start menu > All apps > eCtune > Force update 11- Right click on the eCtune shortcut on the desktop, click \"Properties\" 12- Click \"compatibilities\" and check \"run as administrator\" 13- Double click the eCtune shortcut to start the program. 14- Register your ostrich in the Emulator menu 15- Go to help, choose registration. 16- Fill in the form and press \"register online\" 17- When you get your license file, save it in the eCtune directory. done! Let me know if it works
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

just uninstalled ectune, followed youre steps exept that i did step 15 before I paired the ostrich otherwise ectune tels me it can't detect a demon. Got the license can connect to the ostrich but keep getting the error screen on requesting license
Attachments
Naamloos.jpg
Naamloos.jpg (34.68 KiB) Viewed 61459 times

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

mmm, I never had a demon so I cannot test a demon in combination with win10.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Probably miscommunication on my behalve, I have a ostrich nota demon.I'l try to explain what ive done When I install ectune fresh it says Pro_demon. I have a ostrich so before I can even enter the \"moates emulater\" under the \"emulater\" menu to connect to my ostrich and request a license ( step 14 in youre 17 step program). I need to register under the \"help\" menu and registration button (step 15) I did step 15 a couple of days ago en got my license. Now i copy the license to the ectune directory en then when i start ectune it says that i got the pro ostrich version. But when i want to use the ostrich it says: Ostrich not licensed or vendor not eCtune. so i go to emulator info and click the request lic button and then i am getting the error screen. But I think its something to do with windows because i tried to request a new license for test purpose (step 15, filled everything with test) and got the message that a new license was requested. closed ectune and restarted ectuen, tried to request a license again with my own credentials (also step 15) and got the same error message. Its like somthing is blocking ectune to perform a license request

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Just requested a license for my old laptop. If you could acknowledge the request hopefuly i can use ectune again.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

onder welke naam? of email?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

[email protected] gaat niet werken. De request is binnen maar de server heeft je mailadres nodig om te kunnen versturen.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

heb je een pm gestuurd met mijn email