How to tune decel fuel cut and tip-in?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

How to tune decel fuel cut and tip-in?

Post by Bindegal »

I´m having a bit of difficulty in tuning decel fuelcut and tip-in just right, I´m hoping someone can help. I´m pretty sure this is a matter of user error on my part... however this is likely to be something others will have trouble with as well. What I´d like is for the eCtuned car to work, well, at least as smooth as stock, especially at part throttle and slow moving start/stop driving. I think I got the decel-thing right: I increase the delay a bit, and tune whatever mBar load column is reached when I let go of the throttle to avoid a rich condition until the fuelcut engages. Does that sound about right? Tip-in however still puzzles me... In the shiny program I could usually get it right by increasing the tip-in multiplier slightly but here it dosen´t seem to do the trick. For any real effect I have to set the tip-in multiplier to +50% or similar, on either a near-stock ITR or a boosted B16. Yes it works for the part-throttle situation, but also has an advese effect when accelerating hard from one gear to another. Any clues to get the tip-in working smoothly? Tip-in ignition retard perhaps? Thanks, Allan

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

you can play with tip-in retard. I never did thoug Decel fuel cut... Play with you mBar and Tps/Rpm settings. The delay is before your actual fuel cut engages. I think this is used to cool down the engine a bit during that period it reads fuel from column 1 and 2(1 the most due to interpolation/bending) TPS tip-in: Select live graph afr vs Time(that's why it there) drive and change the TPS a lot..(25% to 75%), check your grahp... You can see the what afr did during tip-in (lean or rich condition) I still have to do more search but i think there is also a delta tps multiplier for tip-out.. Not sure... I have to check
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.