Vista & eCtune(READ BEFORE POST JIT/VISTA/PROBLEMS@!@!)

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bindegal »

Please see this thread. Vista should work fine when you have taken care of UAC. /Allan

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

anyone have any sucsess with ectune and 64bit version of vista?

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

I haven´t really tried it. If you´re seeing some specific issues I will happily try to reproduce them here. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

Bindegal wrote:I haven´t really tried it. If you´re seeing some specific issues I will happily try to reproduce them here. /Allan
i don't have 64bit yet. im getting a new laptop and was wondering if i should choose the 64bit vista option. i wonder if ectune will run on 64bit vista? i wonder if it matters?

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Unless you plan on using more than 4GB memory in your laptop I would stick to the 32 bit version. Not so much from personal experience, more a matter of \"we fear change\" :D /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

joltofwf

Post by joltofwf »

so i'm using a demon with ectune and it worked for a bit and froze up a few times. Now i'm having major trouble, won't connect anymore at all :( my friends laptop connects but then gives errors and the fuel graph is a white box with red lines. . . .anyhelp would be great thanks

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

reinstall all .net frameworks... make sure UAC is disabled and run ectune as admin
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

I have 64bit Vista and eCtune runs fine on it

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Windows 7, 64bit also great IF UAC is disabled.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

Ok I just got a new laptop and disabled UAC and enabled run as administrator, and I am still getting the same error as if I did not disable UAC. I also got the new .net framework from windows just to make sure that was not the problem. I am using 64 bit windows 7. I understand that you can remove UAC from the registry with regedit or something, I might look into that if all else fails.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Should work without the registry hack!

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

dbsharp wrote:Ok I just got a new laptop and disabled UAC and enabled run as administrator, and I am still getting the same error as if I did not disable UAC. I also got the new .net framework from windows just to make sure that was not the problem. I am using 64 bit windows 7. I understand that you can remove UAC from the registry with regedit or something, I might look into that if all else fails.
Exactly what issue are you having?
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

I was getting the msgid 004. Which is the same as I have gotten before when UAC is enabled. I thought that the license file only related ectune to the ostrich. I forgot that machine ID was involved. Long sort short, removing the license file solved the issue. Unfortunately it still is not working because apparently I have to have the xenocron ectune installer. Hopefully I get a response from Chris soon.

calvin

Post by calvin »

if you registered with his installer and use the same email address as previous registration it's fast
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.