Vista & eCtune(READ BEFORE POST JIT/VISTA/PROBLEMS@!@!)

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Vista & eCtune(READ BEFORE POST JIT/VISTA/PROBLEMS@!@!)

Post by calvin »

The newest installer ectune version 0.0.1.9 r1. Will install on vista. You can run it without Admin rights.. So far so good... Now: All the files that eCtune use in program files ectune are protected by UAC(User Account Control). In other words if you try to delete an temp file for example or change the config(settings.xml) you have to give explicet permission. You will get error that you can't save files like display.pref/template.pref. If you disable UAC. eCtune works normally.
Last edited by calvin on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Update. If i create installer with vista admin required. You can use UAC mode enabled. You give admin right and you can work. Now on my test laptop vista crashes after awhile though i don't think it's eCtune related. I guess i'll need testers Crash due to 2.2.0.4 FTDI drivers. 2.0.0.0 drivers seems to do the trick
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by yc underground »

notice this also in vista with it freezing up when dataloging also like every 10min have to test more
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Didn't used it much with Vista but it never crashed. DL went bizzare a couple of time, probably due to the latency. Beside this, no problems.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Need datalogger tester also?

calvin

Post by calvin »

i believe that is due to bugg FTDI drivers in vista

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

it seem like it right now
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Problem with Vista and .ocx registration workaround: Image Steps needed to install the service: 1) Create a shortcut on your desktop-> for program just type cmd, then next and save the shortcut. 2) Right click the cmd shortcut and click \"Run as Administrator\" 3) Type these commands: 'cd \\Pro' then hit Tab to auto-populate with ' \\\"Program Files\" ' 'cd eCtune' now type the command: regsvr32 mtssdk.ocx It should popup with a successfully loaded checkbox in windows. Now, close all windows, delete the shortcuts, and your good to go.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

From my experiance: When upgrading or replacing your license file in Vista it is best to follow these steps for little to no chance of error. Close eCtune. Open the new license email, and save the new license to your desktop. open the eCtune folder, and rename old license to \"license_old.xml\" now, \"move\" the license file from the desktop to the eCtune folder via a right click-drag not a left click drag. You will be prompted from 1 to 3 times by the UAC and windows to be able to copy the file over to the folder. Once copied, open eCtune and verify it has worked _before_ deleting your old license file. If you try to save the license file to the eCtune folder from any program like internet explorer or FireFox, windows will move it to a \"temp\" folder buried in your user-account folder, instead of in the eCtune folder. The best way around this is via the steps above. The copy operation will be successfull, and it will seem like it worked right, but it's one of the protection deals in Vista keeping your programs from being attacked by viruses and such. These steps apply for updating eCtune via any manual-method. Always extract files to desktop first, then move them (and replace) to the program files/eCtune folder. Calvin, is there any way to get rid of the UAC policy prompt so eCtune can load without user input to windows: The prompt I am speaking of is at the bottom of this pic. You can't screenshot it, so this is the next best thing. I know it is an \"Unverified publisher\" prompt, and hopefully it doesn't cost you $$$ to be able to get around this prompt. Image
Attachments
UAC.jpg
UAC.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 13588 times

calvin

Post by calvin »

just diable UAC

turbodelslo

Post by turbodelslo »

where could i find tht version i looked up in the search and could not find it?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

turbodelslo wrote:where could i find tht version i looked up in the search and could not find it?
not following here......

turbodelslo

Post by turbodelslo »

the version for windows vista? the one at the top

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Use the current build; this thread is very old. You don´t need a version built specifically for Vista. /Allan

turbodelslo

Post by turbodelslo »

ok thanks i just tried to download it a couple of times and it hasnt been workin right so far