ECT logged values are off

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

blundar
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

ECT logged values are off

Post by blundar »

210 ECU = ~220 on gauge 208 ECU = 215 on gauge 203 ECU = 211 on gauge 198 ECU = 210 on gauge 195 ECU = 208 on gauge 187 ECU = 192 on gauge 185 ECU = 190 on gauge
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

is the gauge plugged in the same spot as the ECT sensor ? check if the fan turns on at supposed value. If FAN should turn on at 95 celcius, check if eCtune shows 95 when the fan comes on. That way you will know if it's a formula (display) problem, or if the gauges are simply a bit off from eachothers.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

it switches on at 94.5 if i'm correct. If somebody as a good formula or array to convert byte to celcuis mail it
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

When I lower the Fan On Temp to 179, eCtune reads right around 179...but I understood that to mean that eCtune was controlling when the fan came on and no longer the fan switch.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

oth control it. On a EDM/JDM car the fanc wire is not there and just use a wire from a12 to signal side fan switch
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

rschoener

Post by rschoener »

I noticed the same problem Dave has stated. I have an autometer gauge with the sensor located in the head. right next to the ECT sensor. The autometer gauge is higher the the ECU readings.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

have you tested with other software yet, to see if it always reads off? Is it possible that the honda sensors are just off kinda like the tachs lol. . Be good to test with other software to see if everyone reads off of its its strictly an eCtune thing..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll add an other table i have for ect/temp translation next release

calvin

Post by calvin »

found the right table. I'll update dave tonight or tomorrow

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

have you tested with other software yet, to see if it always reads off? Is it possible that the honda sensors are just off kinda like the tachs lol. . Be good to test with other software to see if everyone reads off of its its strictly an eCtune thing..
Yes it could be anything from the stock honda sensor being wrong, to where you guage sensor is located. Even your sensor being 2-5F off which isn't much really. (about 2.7C) so 5F off factoring in sensor differences and placement, as long as im within 2 degrees Celcius of real temp i'm happy

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

calvin wrote:found the right table. I'll update dave tonight or tomorrow
so we have been using the wrong table all along? can you post what we were seeing and now will be seeing...how far was it off and how do you know this is the correct table? As you tune and get used to an EMS, you notice trends...changing these trends without knowing whats actually changing or was incorrect before is extremely dangerous :cry:
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

calvin

Post by calvin »

e.g. 0x19 was 93C(200F) is now 97C(207C) Not a big diff. I know for a fact that shinny was off for years and much larger then this. Mine was pretty close.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

So it was displaying slightly colder...no biggie just wanted to know :)

calvin

Post by calvin »

force update and test again;) it's fixed