FAQ: Xenocron write up EBC/ eCtune EBC PDF

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

z31
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by z31 »

calvin wrote:Now who will do the closeloop write up.
You've got pm. Hopefully it explains in better detail this time :oops:

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Is this write-up current and correct? I just installed mine and for some reason it was always just spiking straight to boost cut. I triple checked everything and then noticed that in the write-up for configuration when \"Normally closed\" is selected Minimum is %100 and maximum is 0%. In my version of ectune it was the opposite. I tried to switch the text box values but it wouldnt let the min be higher then the max (obviously). I ended up just selecting the normally open radio button and it works perfectly, even though it is acting like it is normally closed. Not sure if its me or not, but maybe something to look into with updating the instructions. Other than that everything worked great!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i have to re-check but should be good using EGR or IAB output?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

I was using EGR A11.

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

same thing happened to me, but i thought it was because of my a/t box, almost hit 1.5 bar. i noticed the solenoid was getting hot, it was fully on, switched the settings around and finally it worked....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

boostedeh2

Post by boostedeh2 »

sohcd16y8 wrote:Is this write-up current and correct? I just installed mine and for some reason it was always just spiking straight to boost cut. I triple checked everything and then noticed that in the write-up for configuration when "Normally closed" is selected Minimum is %100 and maximum is 0%. In my version of ectune it was the opposite. I tried to switch the text box values but it wouldnt let the min be higher then the max (obviously). I ended up just selecting the normally open radio button and it works perfectly, even though it is acting like it is normally closed. Not sure if its me or not, but maybe something to look into with updating the instructions. Other than that everything worked great!
I'm also having this problem, how did you fixed it? I switched to normally open but I'm only making peak 7.5 psi, my wg spring is 8.5. usdm p72 with xenocron ecu components. wired to a11.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

There is no way the solenoid will cause you to make less boost then your wg spring pressure. Either you have the incorrect spring, bad source, or something else is wrong.

boostedeh2

Post by boostedeh2 »

sohcd16y8 wrote:There is no way the solenoid will cause you to make less boost then your wg spring pressure. Either you have the incorrect spring, bad source, or something else is wrong.
I would think so too but before i put the ebc in I was making 8.59 but now its only showing peak 7.51 in ectune...I'll play around with it some more.