FAQ: Xenocron write up EBC/ eCtune EBC PDF

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

yes go ahead.. I could do it better my self
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

z31

Post by z31 »

The only other thing that I could think of would be to also include the directions to install the components into the ecu, as it helped me alot. http://www.xenocron.com/install/Hondata-S300-PWM.htm

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Great write up! We need more of these items or how-to's. I made this one in the \"hardware\" section: http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=438 Simple, but effective and help full for beginners. Maybe we can put more of this info here to help other beginners.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I opened this topic for additions to the helpfile built into eCtune itself. I am hoping that most of the information needed to use eCtune can be assembled right there in the helpfile, so users don´t have to search through forums just to figure out the essentials. It sounds like a simple enough thing to do, but it isn´t :D /Allan

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

I replaced my solenoid the other day and used some of the information in your writeup. Is there any particular reason to connect the solenoid the way you do? I like to use it in a \"normally open\" way so boost is at minimum if the solenoid is disconnected. My wastegate actuator only has one port, btw. If one way is somehow better than the other I´d like to include this in the eCtune help file. /Allan

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yes, good point, maybe providing a hopse routing diagram (simple as you know) for hookup to the single port type WG. Basically hook the end that is closed to the WG's vac/boost line. I know it's not going to operate as well this way, but it will still work.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

z31

Post by z31 »

How about this for diagrams, I know the color sucks but it's still gets the point across. Image Image There's also another way to hook it up also, but it develops maximum boost and it should only be used if you have high exhaust manifold back pressure. I can post if needed.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Aaaah, there´s the explanation. - thank you! Where did those drawings come from? We could use something like that for the help file. /Allan

calvin

Post by calvin »

look at graph one what i wanted to try what u bleed at the bottom u push on the pot port. that way you fool the bottom port and you bleed extra on the spring just a thought though
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

z31

Post by z31 »

Image This is the high back pressure setup. As for where it came from I don't know since It's a clipping from a manual that I had in my little book :lol: From the looks of the wastegate though I'd say it's a Turbosmart diagram. I was running an eboost2 until it decided to read massively wrong.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

I've updated this and corrected some errors I had in the write-up and placed it here now...I know some of the screens have changed slightly but users should be able to get the 'gist' of it. http://www.xenocron.com/install/PWM-Boo ... eptune.htm
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

calvin

Post by calvin »

tnx

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

got one of these today. cant wait to try it out. :D thanks chris.

nate

Post by nate »

Good writeup
eCtune Team

calvin

Post by calvin »

Now who will do the closeloop write up. Basicly if you follow this guide you can enable closeloop. Closeloop will help to compensate when target/current is off.