Ostrich problem

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

zex_cool
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich problem

Post by zex_cool »

After tuning my car last night on the way home the car all of a sudden died and threw a CEL. I looked but couldnt find any CEL's in eCtune. I thought the ostrich might have gotten disconnected from the ECU so i unplugged/plugged it back in. the car started and i decided while we were stopped to play around with the 2step. I set it to like 4k and had my friend try it but it didnt work. Thinking it didnt update(even tho i have it set to automatically update) i went to put base rom & calibration. While it was uploading, eCtune froze. I tried to get out but couldnt. I hit ctrl+alt+del when i hit end task for eCtune i got the blue screen saying windows has shut down to prevent and further damage or something along those lines. I turned the comp off/on and 2 messages poped up saying something like windows has recovered form a serious problem. I tried connecting to the ostrich but i couldnt. I tried different com ports but nothing worked. I even tried to see if CROME could connect to it but it couldnt. I ended up towing the car home. I tested the ECU with some chip that i have and it didnt throw any CEL's. thoughts ? ideas ?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

battery in ostrich jumped? bad ostrich? What do u have 1 or 2?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

v.1 i only had it for a few months. whats the usual lifespan on one ? not sure what you mean about the battery, i never looked inside of one. thanks for the quick reply. :D

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i changed the batteries in it and still nothing. idk if this means anything but this is what it says when i go settings>emulator comm>debug: Emulator auto-scan started Port scan thread Try Cached port Cached port:5 Cached port failed with The port 'COM5' does not exist. Opening port: 1 Opening port: 2 Opening port: 3 Port: 3 open Baud: 921600 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Check emulator=False Opening port: 4 Port: 4 open Baud: 921600 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Serial Port error: The operation has timed out. OstrichECT indentifier not found, reply is: 00 Check emulator=False Opening port: 5 Opening port: 6 Opening port: 7 Opening port: 8 Opening port: 9 Opening port: 10 Opening port: 11 Opening port: 12 Opening port: 13 Opening port: 14 Opening port: 15 Opening port: 16 Opening port: 17 Opening port: 18 Opening port: 19 Opening port: 20 Opening port: 21 Opening port: 22 Opening port: 23 Opening port: 24 Opening port: 25 Opening port: 26 Opening port: 27 Opening port: 28 Opening port: 29 Port Scan Failed at port 30 :?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

do u know what port your ostrich is? plug only your ostrich in and goto device manager and find port
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

its com port 5 right now. i tried and it says it cant detect \"OstrichECT\" on port: COM5. is there a way to jst test the ostrich ?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I personally would plug in the ostrich, uninstall it in the device manager, then plug it back in (leaving eCtune closed) and once it is reinstalled, then try running eCtune
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Probably a stupid suggestion but bare with me. I had something similar to this when I started... Plug in your Ostrich, open device manager, open com port, check settings, click advanced button and check and make sure latency timer is set to 1. Click ok which sends you back to the other screen click ok again. Open eCtune and give it a shot again. For some reason when I set the baud rate and latency timer and closed it out, it would set itself back to original settings. After going back and forth a little bit with it, they took and I have never had a problem since.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

JaredKaragen wrote:I personally would plug in the ostrich, uninstall it in the device manager, then plug it back in (leaving eCtune closed) and once it is reinstalled, then try running eCtune
would this void my licence ? Calvin ?

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

Almighty-Si wrote:Probably a stupid suggestion but bare with me. I had something similar to this when I started... Plug in your Ostrich, open device manager, open com port, check settings, click advanced button and check and make sure latency timer is set to 1. Click ok which sends you back to the other screen click ok again. Open eCtune and give it a shot again. For some reason when I set the baud rate and latency timer and closed it out, it would set itself back to original settings. After going back and forth a little bit with it, they took and I have never had a problem since.
ill try this when i get home tonight. thanks guys. :)

calvin

Post by calvin »

zex_cool wrote:
JaredKaragen wrote:I personally would plug in the ostrich, uninstall it in the device manager, then plug it back in (leaving eCtune closed) and once it is reinstalled, then try running eCtune
would this void my licence ? Calvin ?
license will be still good

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i tried both things but nothing worked. :( i emailed moates yesterday and they said that they'll try to remote troubleshoot but im yet to get a phone call. good thing is, they also said they'll replace it if they cant get it to work. :)

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i still cant get it to work and im yet to get a phone call from moates. what i did today was uninstall everything and fallowed moates's instructions;
First things first, make sure your drivers are installed correctly. 1) Disconnect all USB devices that you can from the computer. 2) Connect the FlashBurn device to the USB port. The computer should give you an indication that it has been connected. 3) Specify the location of the driver, telling Windows to look in the 'Drivers' directory associated with the unzipped contents you unzipped from this file.** http://www.moates.net/zips/usbdrv.zip ** 4) Continue, telling Windows to proceed with driver installation. 5) Open up the Windows 'Control Panel', and look under the 'System/Hardware/Device Manager'. 6) Look under 'Ports' and you should see a COM3 or COM4 called 'USB Serial Port'. It could be COM5+, but you want it to be COM3 or COM4. 6) Double click on it, and look under the 'Port Settings' tab. Set it to 9600,8,None,1,None. 7) Click on the 'Advanced' button, then change the settings to 'COM3' or 'COM4'. If it gives you a warning, you should be able to ignore it and set it to COM3 or COM4 anyways. If it's already on COM3 or COM4, move to step 8. 8.) Use the little pulldown bars to change the Receive and Transmit sizes to '64'. Change latency time to '1'. Make sure minimum read timeout is at '0'. Only the 'Serial Enumerator' box should be checked.
after it was done and i tried to connect through eCtune or moates's FlashBurn i get the blue screen saying windows has shut down to prevent any further damage. anyone know whats going on here ?

calvin

Post by calvin »

driver bro.. Run ftdi clean and install driver from FTDI site please

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i did that and its doing the same shit as it did before. (not connecting, but no blue screen) does anyone have a phone number for moates ? i looked but couldnt find it anywhere. i tried emailing them but only got one response saying they'll call. :(