Datalogging bug(s) 0.2.0r8

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

blundar
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Datalogging bug(s) 0.2.0r8

Post by blundar »

I think I'm using 0.2.0r8 t4. These bugs appear to be application NOT ROM related - I've experienced them on multiple ROM versions. I think they may be related. Setup = IBM Thinkpad T30, 512Mb RAM, Xp, .net 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 installed. Using RS232 Serial -> TTL converter on hardware RS232 port COM1. Auto scan is enabled. Bug #1: 1. Key off 2. Datalog.. Connect 3. No error message appears 4. Key on 5. Datalog.. Connect will not work The bug appears to be that after there is an unsuccessful datalog connection attempt, dataloging will not work again until eCtune is restarted. Often, eCtune must be killed in task manager. Bug #2: 1. Key on 2. Datalog.. Connect (works fine) 3. Key off 4. Datalogging still says connected, but no data comes. 5. Key on 6. Dataloggins still says connected, but no data comes. The bug appears to be the datalogging connection getting stuck. If you click Datalog..Disconnect then Datalog.connect, it will start working again.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

more users test please I can only bench test
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

if... key on datalogging on key off It goes in auto reconnect mode(displaying timeout) key on should datalog again. I'll test what i can
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Couldn't reproduce the problem on 0021r0.t2 :)
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

calvin

Post by calvin »

you tested? Every step dave did?

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

I did. It doesn't stay connected with key off and it reconnect automatically when the key is on again. I really tried to break it and couldn't.

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

BTW, I'm using a max323 with a serial->usb adapter. Does it make a difference ?

calvin

Post by calvin »

i think he is using direct serial mine is working good too usb->ttl hulog

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

I'll have to double check but I did the same steps without knowing this morning. I was trouble shooting (tps, vacumm hose problem) and I had to key off and key on various times and it stayed (auto) connected. I am usnig a nokia usb cable. and version 0020r6.

calvin

Post by calvin »

good let me know

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Ok, re-tested both set of steps numerous times and had no issues. I am using a nokia usb cable so it must be serial connections that have the issue with key off/key on.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

im sill running the 0.2.0r6, did i miss something ?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

the later versions are the people testing specific updates =) If your not seeing the issue, no need is the way I see it.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin

Post by calvin »

JaredKaragen U have 0021r0 right?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

nope, I was on the 2.0R6 version; just loaded ectune after lastnight's 255mile tuning session and it gave me the R7 update. So far no issues for me since the last few and my ever plaguing voltage offset issue. I might try putting in a secondary battery and power system for the ECU and tuning hardware; see if I can narrow this offset issue to the JAW or my car. Since the car was a free beater, and I have already replaced all of the power system components aside from the harness/fuse box, I am running out of options.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock