AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

crx303
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by crx303 »

What I experience sometimes is that when I engage ALS and push full throttle, my pedal is hanging and not releasing when I take of my foot. Only when I turn the key to stop the engine, it will come back or if I push the pedal a few times hard ALS stops. It doesn't look like some mechanical thing with the pedal but more something like pressure or something that keeps the throttle open. Anybody has some explanation for this?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

heh; go under the hood; turn your throttle plate to WOT.... back and forth; see if it sticky anywhere; adjustment might be there; also check your throttle cable...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

S95Sedan

Post by S95Sedan »

Would you need to set the Anti-Lag values aswell if using FTL in combination with the Injector Cut?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Only if you want Antilag to be there; otherwise it will just be fcut or ign ut on redline or FTL... no ALS routine enabled...

james25

Post by james25 »

Is it normal for a puff of smoke to come out of the tailpipe when using antilag? I did a quick run and took a sniff at it and smelled fuel.

james25

Post by james25 »

Played with the settings some more and the puff of smoke is almost all gone :D I was able to build almost 6psi. I'm happy with it, happy with the flames too. It's pretty funny, the flames that shoots out actually teaches retarded people not to get too close to my rear bumper at a stop light :twisted: it's pretty cool to watch at night when I get off work to see bright flashes reflecting on their hood and windshield and the look on their face. The loud pops and flames scares the shit out of em.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

played again with anti-lag Ign Cut only t3 super 60 7 psi wg spring 4000 rpm 7 psi of boost withing 2 seconds
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

haha i had a LS Turbo last night with a 50 shot, spool a SC61 to 28 PSI by 4400 RPM :) and it made almost as much TQ as it did HP.. the HP was right at 500.. nitrous is the best antilag ;P
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

just a little observation when I went to the track, with the ignition retard set at 40 degrees, I was able to build ~14psi at 6800rpm. When I changed it to 30 degrees, it built ~10psi at 6800rpm. The thing about this is, I thought there was no difference between 30 degrees and 40 degrees of retard, since it'll ultimately end up at -6 degrees?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

hmm.. Interesting.

calvin

Post by calvin »

ultra spikey wrote:just a little observation when I went to the track, with the ignition retard set at 40 degrees, I was able to build ~14psi at 6800rpm. When I changed it to 30 degrees, it built ~10psi at 6800rpm. The thing about this is, I thought there was no difference between 30 degrees and 40 degrees of retard, since it'll ultimately end up at -6 degrees?
huh nice find
Last edited by calvin on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

mabey the ECu only reports -6 but its actually going further... That could be dangerous. Its only a matter of a handfull of degress before the spark can jump to the next point in the dizzy and fire a cylinder out of order.

calvin

Post by calvin »

timing light with degrees?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Bugermass wrote:Its only a matter of a handfull of degress before the spark can jump to the next point in the dizzy and fire a cylinder out of order.
True.. 40 crank degrees from lets say a nice value of 13degrees of timing would equal -27 on the crank; "theoretically" but; these are crank degrees; not cam degrees of rotation... so this is a BIG difference when it comes to thinking of rotor position in the dizzy. I need to do some looking up on this, mainly I need to look into cam angles to see when they are within reach or reach the middle point between electrodes on the cap; see what crank degree value the "middle point" is; for the sake of arguement; when you retard it to -6 from 16, it translates to 22 degrees, which at the cam would be 5.5 degrees of rotation... so at our antilag value of -27 [your fuel map for the ALS boost level is at 13Deg], that would be 43 degrees crank translated into 10.75 degrees of cam rotation... would this be enough to be unsafe? it takes 1/2 a crank revolution to get the cam to turn 1/8 of the way around (supposedly this would be half way to the next plug wire in simple terms) But I understand it's ignition firing we're getting at and not cam rotation... but; it would take ALOT more rotation/retard to hit another cylinder.... IMHO now I know it's more complicated, but its for the sake of arguement; so does anybody else understand what I am trying to say?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yea i understand, but I've heard of it happening before from more than 1 person.