AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Post by JaredKaragen »

So after hearing the results from PGMFI about getting some good little flames, and hearing the seperated pops, I took a few minutes after work to modify my CAL... Got some awesome pops and backfires, along with \"The sound\". If anyone out there is using a D15B/Z6 on low boost I suggest you give it a try. Make sure you check your timing first; as I had to add all-around timing to the individual cylinder trims so please, I don't want you running +10.5 Deg. But once again, I got the sound; and you can hear it almost a mile away (had a friend drive my car away from his house to see what it sounds like). Have many received these good of results from antiLag in eCtune yet? Demonstration CAL file is in the posted calibrations. And here: http://forum.ectune.com/download.php?id=341 This is with DSM450cc Injectors OEM FPR, OEM fuel pump. I'll try to get some videos soon. Image Image
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

Videos! :D get a shot at the boost guage and exhuats like the one i posted on pgmfi.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I can get the exhausts, but I currently need to finish fabbing the new DP so I can bolt the kit up again... but the results are clear. Ill get my camcorder back tonight, and take a shot of it; then figure a way to get it on the net =) Sounds sweet!

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

on that video I posted of the integra I was leaving the line with around 18-20 PSI using the antilag.. and on section of the vid I was shoing the flames comein out.. I put antilag on every turbo can i do ..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I did another shot today; didn't pop as much, but smelled gas like hell, so it looks like I am going to wait for dark and do the test for video, make a few changes to fuel and slight ignition values; as well as RPM resume.... It seemed waaaay more effective at colder temps for my tune; so this I need to factor in.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Bugermass wrote:on that video I posted of the integra I was leaving the line with around 18-20 PSI using the antilag.. and on section of the vid I was shoing the flames comein out.. I put antilag on every turbo can i do ..
What general setup seems to be a good starting point for you with this software?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Played around with it some more; Ok, The lower the RPM, the less retard it wants; sounds correct; Tested by way of doing low and higher RPM FTL settings, with different amounts of fixed values and getting similar sounding results. The FTL resume needs to be higher the higher the RPM's go; so if lower RPM lets say 2K, your going to want a 5-25RPM resume; 4,000: 75-200RPM (didn't go higher) Heres something interesting: When I would get it dialed in to emit a huge pop down low, you would get one good pop, and a bunch of smaller ones when the fuel/ign was optimal for that RPM. But at higher RPM (4K) with a 108RPM resume, I get one HUGE pop, and it will pop small, or rev waaaay smoother and make more of a hissing sound; this could be 2 things in my opinion... too much retard, fuel or more FTL resume added.... need to expirament more. *** I think to control the 2-step better, there should be a slope for fuel Vs. RPM, this would give a better result IMHO. Maybe low and high RPM values (user definable) and low and high fuel values. So, end result for me tonight: I think the one HUGE pop will be waaaaay more than enough to get her up to 14+PSI; but I do not have a turbo on right now, so I am just using my \"Soon to be vitara'd motor\" as a guinea pig. Good news: I took video, deafened my friend, felt a huge compression wave each huge pop (flamage) and it kinda blew a shitload of crap everywhere, and killed a bunch of a small plant I was parked in front of; sent plant into the parking lot =P Problem: I have no way right now to download the video off the FireWire, cause this laptop doesn't have it... and my home PC's power supply fried. Soon... I promise... like 1.5Ft flames! (with OEM header, catalytic converter, and Anyways, here's the eCtune settings pics, and as soon as I can get a machine with 1394 to download the video, it's all goin out to you guys =) It turns some heads!!! Image Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Ok, I did a little looking at the logs, and have found a visual log of what I was trying to describe about the huge pop, followed by small ones and more of a hissing sound. (I am not boosted mind you, but it works the same, and may require small adjustment for boosted, but will be tested soon) The indicator line is the moment of backfire, and you can see in the MAP and RPM what I am talking about; for some reason the motor or exhaust is not allowing another buildup of fuel for another pop; Image **Note This is all done with the Ignition cut Revlimit parameter set in eCtune, not the default FuelCut.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I never really cared much if it poped or not, just set it and use it.. your not supposed to use the antilag without a turbo.. I always use 20-30 added FV and I always do 50deg retard, that way it'll max out the retard at -6 which gives me full boost on 2 step within 1 or 2 pops. Same thing works with fuel cut, only it takes a bit longer to build boost and its much quieter.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

with eCtune's ability to do ign cut, there is a good chance I can get actual 2-step functionality out of the antilag, They both work slightly different, but lower RPM's would need ~30 deg.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Bugermass wrote: I always use 20-30 added FV and I always do 50deg retard, that way it'll max out the retard at -6 which gives me full boost on 2 step within 1 or 2 pops. Same thing works with fuel cut, only it takes a bit longer to build boost and its much quieter.
So say in a setup with the FTL set at 6500, what resume value would you use as a starting point. assuming this is using 30FV and 50 degree retard on antilag. Also would you run ign cut only?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

because if you use fuelcut, you don't get enough of a buildup in the exhaust for a more turbulent burning in the exhaust; In the video you can really hear what I was talking about in the R's; it seems as if the resume automatically hits 0 after the first pop, starts with a big pop, followed by tiny little ones; these tiny little ones are very very close together, and the r's sit right at one spto, not varying by much over the course of a second or 2; maybe a little crackle and pop again, but not the same revlimit that started the pop; this is what I want to narrow down to be able to control the pops more easily. But, yeah, give it a shot; @6,500, try varying your ignition from 50deg taken from table values, down to 30 deg taken.... see what works best; and the higher the RPM, the more FTL RPM resume value you need.. close to 150-200 IMHO. I would suggest using the values pictured above, then for different results; Try adjusting fuel untill you get a good initial pop, then back the fuel off slightly untill it gets quieter... once at that point, you can mess with the timing value a little, also RPM, then fuel once more to balance it out; should be a good method.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yeah I use ignition cut only and I always leave the resume at defulat, I think 34 or 43 somthing like that.. Well if calvin gets softtouch working all this will be irrelevent. it will be much faster smoother and build way more boost.. ;) hint hint hint..

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Bugermass wrote:softtouch
??? Please elaborate.. first time running across this term... maybe it needs to be in a PM or something if it is a under the radar job untill it is implimented.... =P

z31

Post by z31 »

Like what msd has....