AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

Bugermass wrote:yea i understand, but I've heard of it happening before from more than 1 person.
Well, I can personally second that; I scattered a bottom-end in my garage =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

IIRC the dizzy rotor (D16) has contacts about 45* around, meaning 90* of crank timing availible. We know the advance endpoint is at least 40*, due to maps' high vac areas using that. If that's right about at the leading edge with the middle being TDC, that gives us 45* both ways. Thats -45* at most for retard (if it is 90* on the rotor). It must be more since people can run much more retard. The problem I see with saying it will jump ahead to the next point - you'd have a dead spot between firing the correct cylinder and the wrong cylinder. In other words, the example above wouldn't fire a cylinder between -45* and -90*. At -90*, the rotor leading edge has come in-line with the next spark pole. If you did get it to ignite the next cylinder that early, +45* of advance would definately be a problem. That also assumes that there's an absolute instant discharge of energy, and no arcing forward under the dizzy's cap. There's only one thing that could allow it to ignite the next cylinder early with that 'dead zone' - a partially-discharged coil. I would guess that the extra fuel + lower cyl pressure + small plug gap make it very hard to ignite. The coil somehow carries the spark to the next lug in the cap and ignites that cylinder with high ign advance.[/i]

boostedeh2

Post by boostedeh2 »

I did some antilag testing tonight..you could see flames out the dumptube and the exhaust. Ectune FTW!! :D 6000rpm 77 fuel 40 retard http://www.vimeo.com/2823148

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

JaredKaragen wrote:
Bugermass wrote:yea i understand, but I've heard of it happening before from more than 1 person.
Well, I can personally second that; I scattered a bottom-end in my garage =)
You scattered it using anti-lag? What settings were you running?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Retard: 45 Fuel: 9 FTL Revlimit: 3,000-4,006 RPM :oops: At this point I had the launch control+antilag making very quick quiet pops... with no fire. worked like a charm. Remember; I had a JRSC and T3/T04E; I was seeing 15PSI instantaneously when I hit the revlimiter. Somehow; I believe boostcut didn't cut in quick enough, or I just had it set higher than I should have for safety sake... [but where's the fun without risk right?] with this setup if boostcut was disabled, I would see somewhere around 44+PSI.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Ouch that sucks man.. I pop'd my gsr a long time ago when it was stock internal'd.. I had the boost cut set to high and too close to the map sensor's limits. I think I had it set to 11psi on the stock map so it never caught the boost spike and the ring lands went on 3 pistons. This was on crome gold. So do you think the anti lag blew it or overboosting blew it?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

TopMountGSR wrote:Ouch that sucks man.. I pop'd my gsr a long time ago when it was stock internal'd.. I had the boost cut set to high and too close to the map sensor's limits. I think I had it set to 11psi on the stock map so it never caught the boost spike and the ring lands went on 3 pistons. This was on crome gold. So do you think the anti lag blew it or overboosting blew it?
I think it was an improper AFR at revlmit (antilag limit) for too long with too much air going in. Honestly; it was a combination of things; I was using boostcut to keep the system from reaching 44+ PSI; lots of unknowns in that situation.

Piv

Post by Piv »

DAMN, I've just tried it today in the unit :shock: I thought the wall would fall of :!: Wastegate regulate at 9psi, I'm taking it in less than 2sec after one big pop 80 fuel 35 retard But I'm really wondering how bad is it for the turbo ! I'll let the choice to the customer but I dont want him to came back in 2weeks time with any issues :? Any experience so far for the long term ?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: United Kingdom www.artech-tuning.co.uk

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Honestly I havn't had any issues with the turbos getting damaged, but I have had alot of ebay manifolds crack from the extreme heat of antilag.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Piv

Post by Piv »

Ok, the customers had a cast manifold but when I did show him the antilag mod he went crasy :lol: Too much scare after such a huge flam on the back and on the screaming pipe so just put the launch control on the map without the antilag :P
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: United Kingdom www.artech-tuning.co.uk

speedjunky01

Post by speedjunky01 »

Image http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=att930iCwyM my ectune settings 5500rpm 20 fuel value 40 deg retard ignition cut only, havent played with it on fuel cut any advice for more flame would be great :D it doesnt pop flames on the 1st hit of antilag takes a few as seen in the vid

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Here is a video of ALS on my Del Sol 6degrees retard, 50fuel, on e85 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfjPtsfVlYY

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

pandorasbox wrote:Here is a video of ALS on my Del Sol 6degrees retard, 50fuel, on e85 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfjPtsfVlYY
Thats some serious popping for only 6 degrees retard :lol:

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Yeah I have no idea why it's so crazy at only 6degrees but good lord.

12sec1/4

Post by 12sec1/4 »

Hey people, I'm slowly reading my way through all the forum in my quest for knowledge. I am now up to the subject of anti-lag and have read all 8 pages of this thread! Now. Given the age of this thread there must be some long term input / experiance as to the damage caused (or not caused) by using anti-lag... So anybody popped there seals or snapped a shaft yet? Or is it all good news? (excluding mushroomed exhausts) :) Paul
My Car Is A Hybrid; It Burns Petrol And It Burns Rubber.