AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

Oah it works... Well at that. But; it will easily hollow a catalytic converter... And I did blow a muffler at one point as well. It is very usable for turbocharged systems, but constant use will be asking for problems since you are indeed inducing misfires :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

12sec1/4

Post by 12sec1/4 »

Cool, Thanks for the input. The Cat is not a problem as over here pre 91 cars do not need to run a cat so it'0s been ditched... I was also thinking if anybody has caused any known damage to their Turbo's directly related to anti-lag? Paul. :)
My Car Is A Hybrid; It Burns Petrol And It Burns Rubber.

aviglakis

Post by aviglakis »

Hi I am including a link to another thread, I really want this to come to the attention. If there is no resolve for the following I am surely switching software. For any who experience anti lag that goes braaaa instead of bapapapa. My motor blew up tonight from it, other have too. Read on http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2565
--Alex

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The smooth increase vs popping actually built boost faster for me. My tests at the start of this thread were without a turbo; a straight functionality test.

aviglakis

Post by aviglakis »

yes it builds boost much faster I just want it to be documented that it also will blow up your engine.
--Alex

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

aviglakis wrote:yes it builds boost much faster I just want it to be documented that it also will blow up your engine.
Sorry, but improper afr/ign will blow up your engine. To this day nobody have given any solid info that ALS will blow a motor. I blew a motor while using ALS; but it was an OEM bottom, with a supercharger and turbo in a two stage compressor configuration... It was my own foot and application that caused it... I haven't heard of one track car to this day that reported ALS blowing their motor... It's the user that blows their motor... No offense meant if it was perceived that way.

aviglakis

Post by aviglakis »

wierd, ALS changes fuel/ign
--Alex

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

aviglakis wrote:wierd, ALS changes fuel/ign
Yeah, but it's the responsibility of the tuner to make sure there is adequate fuel; no preignition, etc. This is why I say ALS doesn't directly cause it... A simple gear based fuel correction can make a big difference in the afr compared to when load is on the motor.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHlXR_HKhi0 First rev up is fuel+ign cut. Second rev up is ign cut only. This customer has full stainless 3\" exhaust... Which is necessary to keep from blowing up your exhaust under these conditions.