AntiLag: My expirance, whats yours?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

Calvin, I was doing a little research; it seems everyones softouch revlimiter is based upon dropping ignition to cylinders only.... Based upon this I would assume drop a cylinder, retard ignition for following cylinder, then the next cylinder will fire and see if it needs to drop 2, etc... I dunno my best guess ;) is it the ECU wanting to go through a cycle of 4 cylinders the part you are trying to overcome?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

been there done that... working on something
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Had to ask ;)

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

We used 50 degrees retard and 30 fuel with ignition cut and good lord it was the loudest anti lag I've ever heard and we have several turbo honda's and acura's in our shop and none are like this. It really sounded like a gun that some one keeps firing over and over. It was loud enough that the owner of the shop car is scared to use it. Also his tach goes crazy when he uses it. Is anti lag hard on my wideband o2 sensor? I know its hard on a lot, like it can bend turbo shafts, blow and damage turbo seals, crack manifolds and exhaust components to say the least. I personally have it on my turbo gsr and can build 13psi @ 6500 w cr0me gold [I have a single car license ectune pro bundle for it, just haven't put it on there] but I don't use it in fear of damaging a 1000$ turbo.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

i have mine set for 50 FV and 15 deg retard and spoolls the turbo to 15psi with vertiually no pops or anything pretty much you only hear turbo spooling it works great. i wasn't expect a hard launch the first time i tried it. it felt like i broke my neck.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

TOPMOUNT: The honda ECU will not go more than -6 deg no matter how much you tell antilag to retard. SASQUATCH: If your not getting pops, then more than likely your using fuel cut instead of ignition cut.. Eitherway will build boost, but ignition cut is a bit faster..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

But if you do it from -50 to -40 retard, there is a difference on the antilag between the 2.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

really?? I'll have to try that.. I always do like minus 20 or 30 cause it'll always be -6 with that amount.. I wonder why theres a difference from 40 - 50 .. you final ignition would be -6 in either case.. uNless you gettin FV and retard mixed up..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Bugermass wrote:TOPMOUNT: The honda ECU will not go more than -6 deg no matter how much you tell antilag to retard. SASQUATCH: If your not getting pops, then more than likely your using fuel cut instead of ignition cut.. Eitherway will build boost, but ignition cut is a bit faster..
i acctually have it set to cut both ignition and fuel when hitting the rev limiter

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Bugermass wrote:really?? I'll have to try that.. I always do like minus 20 or 30 cause it'll always be -6 with that amount.. I wonder why theres a difference from 40 - 50 .. you final ignition would be -6 in either case.. uNless you gettin FV and retard mixed up..
Nope I am talking about retard.. we are on the same page.... it is odd though. -50 is way different than -40; from what I have seen. Most duely noted first when I was doing the tests N/A. No big pops untill sufficent retard.

crx303

Post by crx303 »

When I look at my graphs, I find -6 as max ignition retard during ALS and I set it to 40 degrees (Ignition Retard). But how do the settings work? Static ignition, ignition retard, Apply to final ignition (which is greyed out, but gets enabled if I enable and disable Use static ignition value ?

calvin

Post by calvin »

Apply to final ignition.. e.g. final ign(table+corrections) = 16 deg - 6deg (antilag) = 10 deg to dizzy Normal anti-lag: final ign = table + correction - anti-lag = x to dizzy Static anti-lag: final ign = ANTI-lag static value(e.g. -6) -6 is the lowest you can go
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

crx303

Post by crx303 »

Thanks, but why is the checkbox \"Apply to final ignition\" Greyed out always?

calvin

Post by calvin »

yes because it's always applied to final ignition. it's there from older version

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Bugermass wrote:TOPMOUNT: The honda ECU will not go more than -6 deg no matter how much you tell antilag to retard.
Ok cool, I just typed in 50 degrees retard because on the first page you said you used on the first page. I understand though, it retards the timing as much as it can. So is it hard on my wideband sensor?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image